"The Shaper System" -> Number Shapes - 00 - 99 - Anyone Using It?

When I first got into the world of memory techniques a few years ago, the standard 0 - 9 number shapes worked really well for me, but there was nothing else after the 0-9 shapes, so then I studied and practiced the Dominic and the Major systems for creating images from the numbers 00-99.

The process of recognition of the numbers and letters was not instant with me using the major or the dominic systems, but it was with the number shapes from 0-9. I tried to combine all systems into a single system so I can recognise faster and memorise faster, but I was struggling with that too.

While I was trying out these systems, I somehow started seeing the shapes of the numbers and the letters as everyday objects, animals and people. I started practising a few different ways to come up with new shapes as from 10 - 99.

Double numbers such 33 was very hard initially, it was like 3 = Seagull + Seagull which didn’t make any sense.
So I turned the first digit - 3 - horizontally and got a new shape which looked like a Butterfly for 33. {313 is also good}

For example, 44 was very hard, initially I used number 4 as a Chair,
now with my new system I use 4 as Horse Nose, but 44 was just not right with 2 horse noses.

So I stuck 4 and 4 together upside down - on top of each other and that produced the letter H which looks like 2 chairs are stuck on top of each other. Then I immediately seen that H could be a Step Ladder which represented 44!

So, while I was practicing I was also discovering images for the Letter Shapes as well as Number Shapes!

So I’ve coined this system as “The Shaper System” which converts all the numbers and letters into an instant image from 0-9 | 00- 99 for numbers which is a total of 110 images, and A- Z with the letter shapes which are 26 images. And with my palace system, I also need another 10 images, so a total of 146 images.

However, even though I have most of the shapes established as very strong and instantly recognisable images, I still have quite a few that are very weak, or not strong enough. So I’m 3/4 way there.

This system had to make sense - My goal is to memorise faster than I can now for speed memory.
Because now I can recognise numbers as images far faster then before, I am also far faster during the memorising process. I may not become a memory champion at my age 48 yrs, but I’m hoping that the shaper system will help make champions,or at least help in some ways or another who take interest in memory sports. Once I’m done with every single image I’ll then release the whole spreadsheet and other details.

Is anyone else using the shaper system, or something similar?
What are some of the number shapes do you guys use?

[Edited from my initial post.]

Update: 21 Feb 2018

Numbers Shapes 0-9

0 - Egg
1 - Lighter
2 - Duck
3 - Lips Kissing
4 - Knife
5 - Teacup | Measuring Jug (tilt the number to the right)
6 - Whistle
7 - Axe
8 - Woman Dress | Catsuit [Not sure about this one]
9 - Boxer’s Glove > Punching | Hook Punch

Numbers Shapes 00-09

00 = Binoculars
01 = Shield & Spear
02 = Hoover
03 = Rabbit
04 = Chopping board & Knife
05 = Lantern Torch With a Handle
06 = Golf Ball & Golf Club
07 = Megaphone
08 = Pool Ball - Black Ball with 8 on it.
09 = Tennis Ball & Racket

Numbers Shapes 10-19

10 = Fat Man | Drum on belly | Fingers | Toes
11 = Drum Sticks
12 = Needle & Thread | Playground Slides
13 = Pregnant woman
14 = A guy sitting | Heart - Valentine’s Day | Red Rose | Necklace
15 = Man pushing a Disabled Chair | or just a Disabled Chair
16 = Man smoking Pipe | Man pulling a trolley
17 = Harp | Woodpecker
18 = Broom & Snowman
19 = Elephant

I’ll be updating the other number shapes as I go along, I keep changing some of them and finding new and better shapes.

I’m stuck on 50 - 59
I do have some shapes but just doesn’t seem right, so I’ll keep working on it.

What are your shapes?

Update: 23 Oct 2018

Here are all the number shapes from 0-9 And 00-99

Numbers Shapes 0-9

0 - Egg
1 - Lighter
2 - Coat Hanger | Duck | Pigeon
3 - Lips
4 - Knife
5 - Teacup | Measuring Jug (tilt the number to the right)
6 - Whistle
7 - Axe
8 - Woman Dress | Catsuit
9 - Boxer’s Glove > Punching | Hook Punch

Numbers Shapes 00-09

00 = Binoculars | Bongo drums | headphones | speakers
01 = Shield & Spear
02 = Hoover
03 = Rabbit
04 = Chopping board & Knife
05 = Lantern Torch With a Handle
06 = Golf Ball & Golf Club
07 = Megaphone | Grenade
08 = Pool Ball - Black Ball with 8 on it.
09 = Tennis Ball & Racket

Numbers Shapes 10-19

10 = Fat Man | Drum on the belly
11 = Drum Sticks
12 = Needle & Thread | Playground Slides
13 = Pregnant woman
14 = A guy sitting | ( Associated > Heart - Valentine’s Day | Red Rose | Necklace )
15 = Man pushing a Disabled Chair | or just a Disabled Chair
16 = Man smoking Pipe | Man pulling a trolley
17 = Harp | Woodpecker
18 = Broom & Snowman
19 = Elephant

Numbers Shapes 20-29

20 = Snail
21 = Dollar sign
22 = Pair of High Heels Shoes
23 = Swan - Neck-body-tail
24 = Alarm Clock (Associated)
25 = Santa’s sleigh | (Associated > Santa - Xmas Day - Present | )
26 = Watering can
27 = Trowel
28 = Crocodile
29 = Gondola and man

Numbers Shapes 30-39

30 = Jelly Fish
31 = Lips smoking cigarette | Bow & Arrow
32 = Teeth | Shark | ( Associated)
33 = Seagull
34 = Goat with Horns
35 = Crane Hook
36 = Lips smoking pipe
37 = Rocket
38 = Beetle Car
39 = Lips & Party Whistle

Numbers Shapes 40-49

40 = Concrete Mixer Truck
41 = Man Jet Skiing
42 = Horse Head and Neck curve
43 = Fish
44 = Umbrella ( the second 4 flipped horizontally)
45 = Kite & string
46 = SeaHorse
47 = Chihuahua
48 = Pick up Van (8 tilted down as the wheels)
49 = Mice - Eating a block of cheese

Numbers Shapes 50-59

50 = Tractor
51 = Pipe Wrench
52 = Cards - Dealing playing cards (Associated)
53 = Bra
54 = Snake and his head
55 = Wheelbarrow | 2 Hands High Five (Associated)
56 = Forklift
57 = Blacksmith Anvil
58 = Scooter (8 tilted down as wheels)
59 = Bull fight - Bull headbutting

Numbers Shapes 60-69

60 = Monkeys Tail and Monkey Body - Monkey eating a Banana
61 = Fishing Tackle
62 = Cat
63 = Bee
64 = Laptop 64 bit - (Associated)
65 = Muscle Arm & Bicep
66 = Two Cherries with a leaf
67 = Punch Machine
68 = Pram
69 = Yin Yang

Numbers Shapes 70-79

70 = Straw in a cocktail glass
71 = Fire Extinguisher
72 = Water pump
73 = Camel
74 = Semi Automatic Handgun
75 = Exercise Bike
76 = Saxophone
77 = Two man Rowing - Rowing a boat | two bend legs
78 = Shopping cart (8 tilted down as wheels)
79 = Axe and Farmer

Numbers Shapes 80-89

80 = Baby Dummy
81 = Violin and bow | Guitar - Playing Violin | Guitar
82 = Woman swinging her hair. - Swinging Hair.
83 = Mermaid - Slapping her tail.
84 = Bride and Groom (arm) - Bride holding arm with the broom and walking.
85 = Girl on a Unicycle
86 = Girl blowing a Whistle
87 = Frog Eyes & Mouth
88 = Weights
89 = Snorkel

Numbers Shapes 90-99

90 = Ninja Turtle
91 = Space suit
92 = Lion
93 = Butterfly
94 = Chef & Knife
95 = Squirrel
96 = Key & Padlock
97 = Old Man & his walking stick
98 = Biker with helmet
99 = Scissors | Mushrooms | Balloons

I’ve used association with some of the shapes because I couldn’t find the shape for it, so I associated them with what made sense to me. All marked on the list.

Some of these images may not make sense to you, this is simply because you just see it as numbers and texts, and trying to imagine the image of it. I do also have a full list of these shapes as graphic images, all saved on my pc. So if you need help on any of the images here, I can help show you how I got or made the shape to create the image.

I will be creating a video tutorial/s of how I made these images. However, I keep changing some of them and finding new and better shapes. This may go on for a while before I really settle down on all of them. But for now I am using the ones I have on my list and did exceptionally well on memory league competitions.

I’ve already taken notes of some of the board members with their contribution to this and changed a few of my shapes. Thank you all.

So there you have it! All 110 number shapes from 0-9 and 00-99.
It’ll be interesting to see what else you can come up with your own number shapes.

Update 26 Oct 2018

Here are my Letter Shapes from A - Z .

A = Peg
B = Sunglasses
C = Banana
D = Tongue out
E = Comb

F = Toothbrush
G = Ear
H = Step Ladder
I = Needle
J = Umbrella

K - Table [tilted]
L - A Gun with a silencer
M - Spider
N - Compass [North]
O - Bracelet | Tyre

P - Flag on a pole | Sword [tilted]
Q - Magnifier | Tiara [birds eye view] | Balloon | Ring
R - Ribbon Badge
S - Snake
T - Cross | Hammer | T-Ruler

U - Cup | Horse Shoe
V - Necklace | Ice-Cream Cone
W - Vampire Teeth
X - Plasters
Y - Slingshot | Funnel | Wine Glass
Z - Escalator

It’ll be interesting to see what else you can come up with your own letter shapes.
What are your letter shapes?

Objects without names attached-eliminating subvocalization
The Letter Shapes Of The English Alphabet A - Z

Interesting idea. That would be difficult, I’m curious to know what you came up with for 10-24.

You recently talked about changing over from a Dominic-based to Major-based system. It was when I was contemplating such a change myself that I decided to make a system without any number-to-letter conversion as its basis. It took a lot more time to create (and I’m still making a few edits), but the result is a number system where the numbers actually do have some historical/cultural connection to the person or object. The time creating and using this system has also helped me disassociate with the former Dominic letter assignments, though I still experience some ghosting from time to time.

Thank you Slate. In actual fact I come up with more than 24 number shapes. I’d say about 60 of them so far and now I can easily see the image instantly without thinking and I also have a little system that I’m not sure if it’s discovered before but I had a eureka moment with it that seems so easy to instantly see 4 or even 5 digits at a time using the number shapes and the way I apply the action to it. Now I use my Dominic system Characters as a Palace and use number shapes as my system. my new palace system gives me an instant 100 palaces, each with 10 stops which gives me 1000 locis without having to visit them all in real life.

When I first started I thought I had to use the Major system and Dominic system to recognise the numbers so we can convert it to images. The idea of all memory systems is to convert each item, be it a number, playing card, data etc into an image. I realised the real meaning of it even better just lately, that we don’t need the major or dominic to create these images. As long as it has a meaning be it a shape, reminder, similar, story or whatever then that’s all we need.

And I found that with number shapes, it seems much faster to decode the data, and that was my aim, it is to instantly see the image without having to think Albert Einstein or Nose, or t was 1 and 5 is L and then make a single word with 1 and 5 and from that word find an image that suits.

With number shapes I don’t have to think,or even have a reasoning to remind me of the number, it’s just so instant. And that was what I was looking for.

so I really focused on the shapes of the numbers, it took me a good while to come up with 60 of them and I still have another 50 yet to find some real shapes that matches the numbers. So I’ll have 0 - 9 and 10 - 99 = 110 images. I’m also thinking of another way to increase that to 1000 images with a simple add-on. But not practiced yet.

0 - 9 number shapes are thought in almost all of the memory books and elsewhere on the net and forum.
But there was only a few that thought from 10 - 20 , and nothing else after that. I know all the number shapes that I’ve created by heart now, even a 5 year old kid could see it if each is explained well.

I’ve changed a few of the standard 0 - 9 shapes as well;
0 - Egg
1 - Lighter
2 - Duck
3 - Bird
4 - Nose
5 - Cup with a Handle
6 - Monkey’s Tail
7 - Axe
8 - Sand Timer
9 - Boxer’s Glove - Hook Punch

other examples,
10 is a Fat Man - A man with a big round fat belly. Could be your friend or whoever.
11 is Drum Sticks - If you also imagine a man with drumsticks playing drums, this could be 111.
12 is a Man with a Broken Heart - Heart with half missing
13 is a Pregnant woman - see the chest and the belly.
14 Man sitting on a Chair (Or just Chair ) the shape of 1 + 4 stuck together I can see a wooden chair and a man leaning over.
15 is A man pushing a wheelchair

and so on, I have about 60 of them so far that I can instantly see as an image.

I don’t have to think
1 = t = Tie
or 15 = t L = tale
or any reasoning to remind of the letters or story

rather I see the shape and the image immediately as a man pushing a wheelchair with a disabled person in it.

Another example
19 is an Elephant - can you see the back leg and the little tail? and then the big ear and the trunk?

Another example
20 is a Snail - It has a shape of 2 and carries a shell that is a shape of 0, which gives me the image instantly I don’t have to think anymore which saves me a lot of time as my aim is to improve my speed.

Some others;
77 = Table with 2 legs - If you can imagine the letter K which has 7 sevens stuck on opposite sites, this gives me the shape of a table when I turn the letter K to the right and it looks like a table.

44 = Step Ladder - If you can see the letter H that looks like two 4s stuck upside down which looks like an H, this shape gives me a Step Ladder. I see it instantly.

While I was practising, I also had a little moment where I could see that I can also convert the letters of the English Alphabet into an instant image with the Letter Shape system, so now I also know each letter from A - Z in shapes of an object instantly as well.

For example some of my letter shapes;
X = Plaster
B = Sunglasses
D = Tongue
H = Step ladder
C = Ear
K = Table
F = Toothbrush
W = Vampire Teeth
etc…

So I’m working on these systems and once I’m done with all the image creations, I’ll be heavily practicing to see how much this will improve my speed, I’m hoping to triple my speed with this. My current performance is about 40 - 50 digits in 60 seconds. I’m aiming for 80 digits in 60 seconds or less. Hopefully my efforts will be the right efforts so I can reach to the standard I believe I can get to.

So I’m still on the lookout for the number shapes that I have left to find images for.
Any ideas?

Okay I like it! Thanks for the further explanation. I especially like what you said here:

This is especially an area where your system can excel as compared to other systems, because children don’t usually have enough associations yet to come up with 100 or more people for something like the Dominic System. But by turning the numbers, even 2-digit numbers, into little number shapes and stories, it’s something that a child can even grasp.

I’ll try to give some thought to what some of the 2-digit number shapes could be. In the meantime maybe you could create a list either here or in a shared spreadsheet of what you have images for and what you still need images for?

Edit: If the goal is to make a system that is equally useful to the adult and child, then I think it would be worthwhile to peruse some lists of common objects and animals and then try to find the 2-digit numbers that might look similar. 66 could be a pair of eyeglasses, but since you already have sunglasses it could also be a bug that has big eyes and antennas.

66 is for me 2 red cherries with a leaf :slight_smile: I do like your image too - Bug Eyes and Antenna. Nice.

69 is an interesting one, A chinese Yin Yang, which has the shapes of 6 and 9 stuck together in a circle.
I used to do martial arts, so as soon as I first thought of 69 all I could see was a black and white yin yang symbol, which I can immediately picture, these are very strong images for me because of its simplicity.

I am creating this for the adults, initially for myself, but I like the idea of using this for the children as well. Perhaps that is something I could look into improving because I like the idea of using animals and objects which would grab the attention of the children and make it a lot of fun to learn.

The Shaper System
I’ve done a lot of search on the internet, google, books (I have 15 books on memory training), videos, images, forums, blogs etc and I could not find any source that listed all 110 numbers in the number shape format, I’ve also done a search here on this forum and no results for number shapes other than the usual 0-9. I’m not sure if anyone else is using it, if so I couldn’t find any source of it.

So I’ve decided to coin this as “The Shaper System”
I’ve been working on this for a few months, most of the images I created with the number shapes are really strong, however I still have a few that is similar to the other numbers, so I wanted to brainstorm some ideas using the forum, but I’m not sure if anyone else is using such system. I already have about 60 of them which are instant clarity images, the other 50 are not very strong images, so I’m still in the process of brainstorming and checking out shapes of all sorts of objects that is as close as possible with not a lot of exaggeration to the numbers I have left to establish.

With my system I also use the Letter Shape images which I have already created, which was much easier to create as there are only 26 letters. I can see each letter as an image immediately.

I’ve also been using the Shaper System for the binary digits and playing cards as well. Amazingly It works for all.
There is much more to it then just using the shaper system for creating number shapes, I am combining a few different techniques as the whole system which includes the dominic system characters as my palaces which in itself also uses the shaper system!

I did find that I was much faster in image recognition and much faster in creating the action between two objects using the shaper system than the dominic and or the major system while memorising, the actions of each image are almost self explanatory when memorising.
For example 11 and 13, I see myself with a drumstick in each hand, and I’m playing drums on a pregnant woman’s belly. It is very easy to encode, it’s almost a self created action.
If it was the other way round > 13 + 11, then I see a pregnant woman playing drums on her own belly using the drumsticks.

Even tho I’ve coined this as The Shaper System, I have yet to finalise the whole thing, but I’m 3/4 way there.

I do have a spreadsheet of the images I’ve created in a text format, I’m also in touch with a graphic designer and a photographer for the exact images I’d need, but I’m waiting to finish them all first and have all the images in the way I want.

The images I am still working on;
30 - 39
50 - 59
70 - 79
80 - 89
90 - 99

I have weak images for the above, with practice I can memorise them even tho the images are not strong, however, until I find some very strong images I’ll just have to keep trying. I want this system to be as simple as I can possibly make it but very effective at the same time.

(Dietmar P.) #6

Hi Erol,

actually I’m using a very similar system. The only difference is that I created the images the Major way first and then turned them into number shapes. For example 11 is ‘tattoo’ in my system, so I considered how the two ones could symbolize it. Whenever I see the number now, two tattoo needles come into my mind.

I did this with all numbers up to 1000. E.g. 123 is a (bicycle) dynamo. 12 is the main part, just imagine the rotating knob at the bottom. 3 is the connection to the bicycle frame.

Unfortunately I didn’t train enough yet to use numbers bigger than 99 in memory sports :slight_smile:

Erol, some of your images are pretty cool.

FWIW, 30 reminds me of a female nurse (looking down on me while I am in a hospital bed).

And 39 looks to me like a lady at a beauty salon getting her hair curled.

70 is a hockey stick and puck.

And 79 could be a boomerang hitting somebody in the head.

Hi Finwing, that’s actually very interesting. I do like the idea of major and shapes used together. Your tattoo example with 11 is really good. Bike image is also nice.

Thank you. they are all good.

Hi tarnation , nice images thanks.

At first glance, this is the best memory system that I’ve seen for the casual user. My memory is only average (but fading). But it’s safe to say that I subconsciously memorized most of the numbers while I was reading the thread. The images were so logical that I don’t think I had to decipher any of them.

Thanks to @Erol, with great support from @Slate, @Finwing, and @tarnation.

As a rule, I don’t do mnemonics - apart from the prehistoric Roy G Biv, or Super Man Helps very One, or My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas. In our house, the shopping list is a notebook that lives in the kitchen. Whoever happens to be visiting the shops simply picks up the book.

But for number mnemonics, I’m delighted to make an exception in this case. I could use the system for the few phone numbers that I might need if I lose my iPhone, until I get home. The “letter shapes” would be useful for car numbers to left and right that are missed by the dashcam. So I hope the good folks on this forum manage to define all 99 numbers and 26 letter shapes :slight_smile:

Footnote: Just a few words of explanation. As a mechanical engineer with an IT background, I didn’t use mnemonics for work. Firstly, I don’t think we have any “lists”. Secondly, no-one would dare to risk termination or litigation by possibly misquoting critical data from memory. All data is in files, printed specs, and emails - for the audit trail. The data might have been updated since the last time it was memorized. If the data source is updated to the next version, you only need to prove that the data you used was correct on the date that you used it. If there’s an error in the data - then it’s someone else’s responsibility. People who quote stuff from memory have no audit trail to protect them. Boom!

I think scientists, accountants, and many other professionals would face the same risk if they relied on memory. Medical guys are forced to memorize everything. They can’t refer to books, or use File Explorer or Google during a major operation. So mnemonics might be a great idea for them. But they still face risk of litigation.

But most of the folks on this forum get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction from mnemonics. And satisfied people means a better world for everyone. I wish them the best of luck. Meanwhile, back to the number shapes…

Hi, OldGrantonian, thank you for your comments. I’ll be updating the new shapes as I go along. I’m preparing a lot of images that represent the shapes in a spreadsheet, but some of them are still not clear but as you mentioned I’m sure it’ll come very handy for those who likes to use the shapes as well other systems.

I had been doing the traditional way of memorizing number, but I wound up with a few that were just like yours! Number 14 is a guy taking a dump.

Do you have - and would you share, the entirety of your system?

Not that every number would work for everyone - but its always nice to have a fall back, a second set of eyes as it were.

If not, that’s ok too, I’m just happy to know that I’m on a right track.

For my own purposes, I’ve extracted some snippets from this thread which refer to the shape-to-image transform.

Where applicable, I’ve included the “thought processes”. In the physical sciences, someone’s documented thought processes can be more valuable than the final result obtained by the experimenter, because a later experimenter can sometimes apply the same thought processes to derive a superior result.

@Erol
Double numbers such 33 was very hard initially, it was like 3 = Seagull + Seagull which didn’t make any sense.
So I turned the first digit - 3 - horizontally and got a new shape which looked like a Butterfly for 33. {313 is also good}

44 was very hard, initially I used number 4 as a Chair,
now with my new system I use 4 as Horse Nose, but 44 was just not right with 2 horse noses.
So I stuck 4 and 4 together upside down - on top of each other and that produced the letter H which looks like 2 chairs are stuck on top of each other. Then I immediately seen that H could be a Step Ladder which represented 44!

I’ve changed a few of the standard 0 - 9 shapes as well;
0 - Egg
1 - Lighter
2 - Duck
3 - Bird
4 - Nose
5 - Cup with a Handle
6 - Monkey’s Tail
7 - Axe
8 - Sand Timer
9 - Boxer’s Glove - Hook Punch

10 is a Fat Man - A man with a big round fat belly. Could be your friend or whoever.
11 is Drum Sticks - If you also imagine a man with drumsticks playing drums, this could be 111.
12 is a Man with a Broken Heart - Heart with half missing
13 is a Pregnant woman - see the chest and the belly.
14 Man sitting on a Chair (Or just Chair ) the shape of 1 + 4 stuck together I can see a wooden chair and a man leaning over.
15 is A man pushing a wheelchair

19 is an Elephant - can you see the back leg and the little tail? and then the big ear and the trunk?
20 is a Snail - It has a shape of 2 and carries a shell that is a shape of 0, which gives me the image instantly

77 = Table with 2 legs - If you can imagine the letter K which has 7 sevens stuck on opposite sites, this gives me the shape of a table when I turn the letter K to the right and it looks like a table.

44 = Step Ladder - If you can see the letter H that looks like two 4s stuck upside down which looks like an H

For example some of my letter shapes;
X = Plaster
B = Sunglasses
D = Tongue
H = Step ladder
C = Ear
K = Table
F = Toothbrush
W = Vampire Teeth

@Slate
66 could be a pair of eyeglasses, but since you already have sunglasses it could also be a bug that has big eyes and antennas.

@Erol
66 is for me 2 red cherries with a leaf

69 is an interesting one, A chinese Yin Yang, which has the shapes of 6 and 9 stuck together in a circle.
I used to do martial arts, so as soon as I first thought of 69 all I could see was a black and white yin yang symbol, which I can immediately picture, these are very strong images for me because of its simplicity.

For example 11 and 13, I see myself with a drumstick in each hand, and I’m playing drums on a pregnant woman’s belly. It is very easy to encode, it’s almost a self created action.
If it was the other way round > 13 + 11, then I see a pregnant woman playing drums on her own belly using the drumsticks.

@Finwing
123 is a (bicycle) dynamo. 12 is the main part, just imagine the rotating knob at the bottom. 3 is the connection to the bicycle frame.

@tarnation
30 reminds me of a female nurse (looking down on me while I am in a hospital bed).
And 39 looks to me like a lady at a beauty salon getting her hair curled.
70 is a hockey stick and puck.
79 could be a boomerang hitting somebody in the head.

@Elfere
14 is a guy taking a dump.

Thanks to all the contributors for this very valuable list.

Added 22 Jan 2018

@Finwing 21 Jan
Regarding double numbers, 33 is mummy in my system. I imagine it with two raised arms, like in this picture.
https://thumb10.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/3486209/318814883/stock-vector-frightening-dangerous-mummy-on-halloween-318814883.jpg
77 are khaki trousers. The vertical lines are the legs, while the horizontal ones could be a belt.

@tarnation, 21 Jan
For 44, I see a sail boat race. The Americas Cup, perhaps.
47= Big fish about to eat a little fish
33=Two singers at side by side (presumably in front of a microphone, which is not in the image). The 3’s are their lips.
35=A whispered secret. Lips whispering into ear. (Or, it could be Mike Tyson about to nibble Evander Holyfield’s ear.)
Now 20 = snail just hit me.

@Erol, 21 Jan
Elfere, thank you. I do like your 14!
in fact it makes more sense then my step ladder because you also have a natural action to it. And a sound :slight_smile:

Example; The Object and its Action and it’s Sound.
0 - Egg
I’m - S/He Cracking an egg on the next object | Smashing it on the next object
Cracking the egg is the action and the cracking sound is the sound. I can hear it.
1 - Lighter
I’m lighting up the next object - so the next object is on fire or flames
I can hear the sound of the lighter and the sound of the flames of the second object
so if the numbers are 0 and 1
I see this;

• I am cracking and egg on a lighter.
  • I also hear the sound of the cracking of the egg,
  • and covering the lighter in yellow egg yolks.
    If it;s the other way round - 1 and 0
    I see this;
    The egg is on fire, and I can hear the flames.
    Now here it’s even simpler. All I need is to see the Egg on Fire
    I don’t even need to see the lighter, because I only have one object that creates fire and that can only be the Lighter, I don’t have 2 objects that has the same action. Lighter > Burns - Flames.
    This takes me about a second to see and hear it whichever way round it is.
    Another example;
    11 = Drum Sticks
    13 = Pregnant Woman
    I see this;
  • A man is playing drums on a pregnant woman’s belly.
  • I can hear the sound of the sticks from the pregnant woman’s belly.
  • Perhaps see the woman dancing to it.
    Or the other way round
    13 and 11
    A pregnant woman is playing drums on her own belly with the Drum Sticks.
    The action and the sound is the same.
  • So all my number shapes are images that are instantly recognisable,
  • And all have their own action which I apply to the next number shape , be it an object or animal or person,
  • And while doing so I hear the sound of the Action
    That’s basically what the shaper system is.
    It’s very effective as it cuts away the usual major or dominic decoding or reasoning.
    So it seems much faster than the usual way of memorising. It works really well for me.

@Slate, 21 Jan #21
Quotes @Finwing, who in turn said:
Quote: actually I’m using a very similar system. The only difference is that I created the images the Major way first and then turned them into number shapes. [My emphasis]

I have 747 as a Jumbo Jet, because that’s immediately what I think about when I hear the number 747 (Boeing model). But in the Josh system that number is pronounced “cock”, just like cockpit! (I guess they call it a flight deck now to be more politically correct). But now when looking at the shape of the number I realize there’s another connection: the 4 is like the body of the Jumbo Jet with its distinctive hump at the front, and the 7s are like wings on either side :slight_smile:

@Erol 22 Jan #30
49 for me is - Mice or Mouse.

(Dietmar P.) #17

Sorry for not posting more of my number shapes, but most of them wouldn’t help you unless you speak German :slight_smile:

Regarding double numbers, 33 is mummy in my system. I imagine it with two raised arms, like in this picture. (Btw, 313 is an old fashioned modem with four blinking signal lights on its upper side, separated by a line.)

77 are khaki trousers. The vertical lines are the legs, while the horizontal ones could be a belt.

I used the system from the beginning, yet my Numbers performance isn’t that remarkable. It is superb for learning and internalizing images, but after some time you stop seeing the shape within the number. Instead you instantly ‘know’ what it means, just like when you learn it conventionally.

Wow, 19 elephant really jumped out at me.

For 44, I see a sail boat race. The Americas Cup, perhaps.

Looking out the window at the cars parked nearby I get:
47= Big fish about to eat a little fish
33=Two singers at side by side (presumably in front of a microphone, which is not in the image). The 3’s are their lips.
35=A whispered secret. Lips whispering into ear. (Or, it could be Mike Tyson about to nibble Evander Holyfield’s ear.)

Now 20 = snail just hit me. These are so much fun.

Elfere, thank you. I do like your 14!
in fact it makes more sense then my step ladder because you also have a natural action to it. And a sound :slight_smile:

That’s exactly what I am doing to establish this system.
Not only creating the number shapes, but I also create an action with each number shape,
one more thing I do is to hear it!

That is the basis of this system. So everyone can create their own shapes with their own imaginations.
My examples of the shapes would perhap help and we could also help each other by brainstorming for the others.

Example; The Object and its Action and it’s Sound.

0 - Egg
I’m - S/He Cracking an egg on the next object | Smashing it on the next object
Cracking the egg is the action and the cracking sound is the sound. I can hear it.

1 - Lighter
I’m lighting up the next object - so the next object is on fire or flames
I can hear the sound of the lighter and the sound of the flames of the second object

so if the numbers are 0 and 1
I see this;

• I am cracking and egg on a lighter.
  • I also hear the sound of the cracking of the egg,
  • and covering the lighter in yellow egg yolks.

If it;s the other way round - 1 and 0
I see this;

The egg is on fire, and I can hear the flames.
Now here it’s even simpler. All I need is to see the Egg on Fire
I don’t even need to see the lighter, because I only have one object that creates fire and that can only be the Lighter, I don’t have 2 objects that has the same action. Lighter > Burns - Flames.

This takes me about a second to see and hear it whichever way round it is.

Another example;
11 = Drum Sticks
13 = Pregnant Woman

I see this;

• A man is playing drums on a pregnant woman’s belly.
  • I can hear the sound of the sticks from the pregnant woman’s belly.
  • Perhaps see the woman dancing to it.

Or the other way round

13 and 11
A pregnant woman is playing drums on her own belly with the Drum Sticks.
The action and the sound is the same.

• So all my number shapes are images that are instantly recognisable,
  • And all have their own action which I apply to the next number shape , be it an object or animal or person,
  • And while doing so I hear the sound of the Action

That’s basically what the shaper system is.
It’s very effective as it cuts away the usual major or dominic decoding or reasoning.
So it seems much faster than the usual way of memorising. It works really well for me.