How to memorize phone numbers

Please tell me the phone number memorisation technique, and how to store it.

1 Like

phone_numbers

3 Likes

I have a simple method explained here, it may be some help.

3 Likes

For the basics, see the how to learn memory techniques page, the free ebook, and the how to memorize numbers page.

After you read about the basic techniques, you might also want to read these:

1 Like

First of all create a dedicated memory palace for phone numbers such that you can add more loci it when needed.
Then use the major system to convert numbers into consonants and combine them to create a word or phrase.

THE MAJOR SYSTEM
1= t/d
2= n
3= m
4= r
5= l
6= sh/ch/j/g
7= k/c
8=v/f
9=p/b

w,h,y and vowels are unassigned so that they can be used to form words.

Now you can create a story with numbers to be memorized.
Eg- 562882
l ch n v f n [refer to the major system]

The story can be like this,
a LeaCH swimming under the NaVy ship and suddenly a FaN hits the ship.

Now you can store the images in loci safely.
Make sure to visit them in your mind at several intervals. You can use the rule of 5 for reviewing.

2 Likes

Why my forum page does not looke like it
It look like
Why ? Josh you should explain it

1 Like

You are on mobile, the earlier screenshot is from a computer

3 Likes

In mobile how can i search like that
Because there is a different result for same search option i.e. - phone numbers

1 Like

just click on the “search” icon and you’ll get a list of all related posts.

The only difference at the moment is that this very post is on top because of all the activity on it… which is a shame because it’s really not the most relevant post as far as the topic.

You should always search the forum first before posting… in fact on a computer, the system will show you related posts and ask you to continue the discussion on either of those unless your post very different in content.

Also @Josh already gave you a summary of the most relevant posts related to this topic earlier:

3 Likes

It’s the same for mobile as well.

Back to the OP’s request… There’s isn’t one technique for memorizing telephone numbers. There are multiple approaches for memorizing numbers of all kinds. You don’t have to use the same technique for all of your memorizing; use what seems to fit the information you’re currently wanting to memorize and what seems to be effective for you. I mix and match approaches all the time.

My personal preference is to establish a memory palace just for telephone numbers. Because I need to remember so few numbers these days, I give each number its own room. I then use the Major system to separate an American 10-digit number into five images.

My guess, though, is that most people who come here with a question like this don’t want to bother learning one thing in order to memorize another thing. If that’s where you, the OP, are, then I’d suggest using a memory palace for storage but forming linking associations between images based on rhymes or shapes associated with the numbers, rather than a system like Major or Dominic. The only downside is that you’ll end up with a single image for every digit in each telephone number—a 15-digit number will require 15 images—but the learning curve will be much less.

Bob

2 Likes

It’s because this thread is now the number one result for that search, so the previous thread from the earlier screenshot is second in the list now.

Thanks Erol, it looks like helpful for me.

1 Like

Thanks josh, it’s being helpful or me.

1 Like