Problem with faces

I am beginning to realize how it is much more difficult to remember faces only. I made a 1352 - 2 card system with the majority been people I know (like literally 80% of 1352), and sometimes I dont even know who is who and where they are! My image game mode stat proofs it more, but everyone is different, hence it is on you to experiment and see which works for you. But I wished I had practice with a 100 people system before going for a 1352 lols, so I will be remaking my 2 card system, RIP.

6 Likes

For this run, I use the loci method with 2 image per room (or magnetic station as some calls it). I dont use loci for the last 4 though, I just quickly grab them and made them into a short film (duck watch lady as she get smack to the ground by a head. A lady from afar watches crossly).

1 Like

Did this one too fast.

2 Likes

prototype.docx (12.1 KB)

2 Likes

prototype.pdf (103.7 KB)

1 Like

If you want to make it easier to read those lists, it should be possible to copy/paste the text right in to a forum post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

List from 00-99, these are choose based on how they look like to me rather than the major system. This is because I wanted to eliminate sub-vocalisation as those of you who tried the major system would know how much time it takes out. However, if I am able to see the image straight away, no sub-V will be needed :D. Now the thing that put many off from using this is because they just dont see how 2 digit can be turn to an image, or it is not efficient because it cannot be upgraded to a 3 digit system, but you can. First of all, 00-99 must be finished, then later on you can use them as the guide. For example: 567, I have 56 as spike (a disable person on chair {sorry if I sound mean} is holding a spike wanting to kill), and it becomes spike and 7, perhaps the spike hits an axe, so you have 567 as axe. Of course this is still been experimented, and I will try to finish off the 1352 list of OBJECT AND MYTHOLOGICAL BEAST (only) within the next 2 weeks and train on it for a month, if it works, maybe I will post it haha.

1. Bra
  2. Soda
  3. Duck
  4. Ear
  5. Sailing sport
  6. Shark
  7. Party whistle
  8. Mining tool
  9. Bars with weight
  10. Sea snail shell
  11. Dice
  12. Book
  13. Love
  14. Butterfly
  15. Deer
  16. Disability chair
  17. Snail
  18. Giraffe
  19. Toffee
  20. Balloon
  21. Tea pot
  22. Sack of gold
  23. Claws with chain
  24. Dad
  25. Super race car
  26. Skeleton barrel balloon
  27. Wings
  28. Bundle of flowers
  29. Racket
  30. Turtle
  31. Passenger balloon
  32. Rat
  33. Race horse
  34. Bat
  35. Brain
  36. Camel
  37. Kangaroo
  38. Parrot
  39. Caterpillar
  40. Noodle
  41. Tomato sauce
  42. Lip stick
  43. Harp
  44. Camera
  45. High heels
  46. Umbrella
  47. Trombone
  48. Piano
  49. Cactus
  50. Bottle cap
  51. Light bulb
  52. Shovel
  53. Loo
  54. Buddha
  55. Unicycle
  56. Roller skates
  57. Spike
  58. Sun cream
  59. Sand dial
  60. Grasshopper
  61. Egg
  62. Lizard
  63. Poop
  64. Cock dick
  65. Headphone
  66. Yoyo
  67. Saturn-demon
  68. Rope
  69. Octopus
  70. Yin and Yang
  71. Air balloon
  72. Eiffel tower
  73. Bus
  74. Comb
  75. Mushroom
  76. Slicer collector
  77. Mortar
  78. Trolley
  79. Lego person
  80. Studying lamp
  81. Mini Submarine
  82. Backpack
  83. Shell
  84. Crown
  85. Helicopter
  86. Sparky
  87. Beetle
  88. Mosquito
  89. Spider
  90. Centipede
  91. Jam
  92. Candle
  93. Clown
  94. PS4 controller
  95. Bottle cap
  96. Infant baby
  97. Scissor
  98. Telescope
  99. Sword
  100. Lollipop
5 Likes

Oops, repeated a few things there, here is the fixed list:
prototype.docx (46.0 KB)

If you click the “pencil” icon at the bottom of a post you should be able to edit it. It’s also possible to paste images directly into the post editor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing, I just love these number shapes and I use them more and more. Extremely efficient, definitely fun, and has that feeling of when, as a child, I started imagining shapes out of clouds, drapes, clothes, sand… When you are the creator, how can you not remember it? Like @Erol . check out his awesome number shaper thread if you haven’t already, definitely worth it!

P.S I recently had to memorize 648, and even though I have a numbers system already, I just saw a cross-legged hippopotamus on a 6 shaped rockin chair and that was my 648 ! Never reviewed it, had it for a bit over a week now. Just fun. And funnyyyy. And just as important, it works! Whatever works :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Yepp! Love your enthusiasm and positivity cameri :D. I will definitely check that thread out right now, thanks for sharing it :). Been practicing my system for a bit, and you are right, once you make it you will know it, it took me just 15min to become familiar with my new system, and perhaps a few more days and I will be faster at using it than my old 00-99 major system ^.^

2 Likes

My new single card system ( cant post PAO sorry :p)

5 Likes

FINAL FINAL update

1. Bra
  2. Soda
  3. Duck
  4. Ear
  5. Sailing sport
  6. Disable chair
  7. Party whistle
  8. Mining tool
  9. Shell
  10. Sea snail shell
  11. Dice
  12. Book
  13. Love
  14. Butterfly
  15. Deer
  16. Shark
  17. Snail
  18. Giraffe
  19. Toffee
  20. Plant fade away XD
  21. Tea pot
  22. Sack of gold
  23. Claws with chain
  24. Dad
  25. Super race car
  26. Skeleton barrel balloon
  27. Wings
  28. Bundle of flowers
  29. Racket
  30. Turtle
  31. Egg
  32. Rat
  33. Camel
  34. Bat
  35. Brain
  36. Race horse with RIDAR!
  37. Kangaroo
  38. Mosquito
  39. Caterpillar
  40. Noodle
  41. Tomato sauce
  42. Lip stick
  43. Harp
  44. Camera
  45. High heels
  46. Unicycle
  47. Trombone
  48. Piano
  49. Cactus
  50. Bottle cap
  51. Light bulb
  52. Shovel
  53. Loo
  54. Buddha
  55. Umbrella
  56. Roller skates
  57. Spike
  58. Sun cream
  59. Sand dial
  60. Grasshopper
  61. Bicycle
  62. Lizard
  63. Poop
  64. Cock dick
  65. Headphone
  66. Yoyo
  67. Saturn-demon
  68. Rainbow coloured toy coil
  69. Octopus
  70. Yin and Yang
  71. Air balloon
  72. Eiffel tower
  73. Bus
  74. Comb
  75. Mushroom
  76. Elixir collector
  77. Bufflo
  78. Trolley
  79. Lego person
  80. Studying lamp
  81. Mini Submarine
  82. Backpack
  83. Metal bar with weight
  84. Crown
  85. Helicopter
  86. Sparky
  87. Beetle
  88. Parrot
  89. Spider
  90. Centipede
  91. Jam
  92. Candle
  93. Clown
  94. PS4 controller
  95. Rubik’s cube
  96. Infant baby
  97. Scissor
  98. Microscope
  99. Sword
  100. Lollipop
6 Likes

As I understand it, do you want to turn all cards in the deck into images? If that works, you can memorize a deck in less than 20 seconds (based on your image memorization result). Your idea is ingenious, I confess that I was euphoric when I understood your system.

1 Like

Great system! Having an Independent System that works for you is probably the best idea for image recognitions and actions. I still love the Major and Dominic system which was a great help and still is, but I am now so used to using the shapes of the numbers which is almost instant recognitions along with the actions.

With adding a digit to your already 2 digit system to make a 3 digit is fairly easy. I sometimes do this if I’m not competing, I simply use the images from 0-9 and able to memorise 5 digits at a time. However this I find very useful for memorising phone numbers and pin numbers etc but not for competing as the images from 0-9 repeats a lot and can be confusing if used in a 1 or 5 minute numbers memorisation event. Having a 2 digit system is proven to be almost just as good as a 3 digit system for some people like @SilvioB can memorise 80 digits within 30-40 seconds regularly. I think a 3 digit system has to be a 3 digit system rather than adding an extra digit to an already 2 digit system for competing, other than that it’s great for memorising all sorts if you are not timed.

5 Likes

I agree with you completely. Using number shapes in addition to a 2 digit system is quite useful for things like laws where some §§ or Articles have 3 digits, but there’s no time pressure. I mean, when Arnold Schwarzenegger and a Snowman are arguing in front of the debtor about who’s entitled to receive the payment, I immediately know that Art. 168 of the Code of Obligations is about dispute as to entitlement. There are basically 3 elements to memorize in this picture, which takes a bit more time than 2 elements BUT in this case it actually helps make the picture more meaningful and memorable. If I used a picture that represented 168 in one image, how would I make that interact in a meaningful way that’s memorable enough for long term? In competitions it’s not important to create long lasting (meaning more than a day or so) images since you recall and then forget to later reuse the memory palace. So bascially, yes a 3-digit system can be better for competitions, but it’s much more effort to maintain (effort that I’m currently not willing to make since my 2-digit system works well for the intended purposes).

2 Likes

What site are you using to convert cards to images?

That’s very creative imagination :slight_smile:

currently trying to trained to the point where I can see the image straight off.

I am using the software (he button link at the top of this site), that is how I made my fourth single digit card system ( which I recently learnt from Harry lorayne’s book:super power memory ). I had plans actually to finish off the 1352 this weekend but from the time it took me to find one image it doesnt seem likely XD.

2 Likes