Problem with faces

based on my 13.70 for 30 image, it will take me to 23.746666666…s, but thing with single digit is that I know it will only happen once for every image, and so I can just go through each card’s single image until i am sure that is it. I believe I can push it all the way down to 11s after sickening practice. Hence if I can do it with 2 card system too, it will become 5.5s ^.^ (ambitious i know, but it is my way, competing with self is best for improvements)

2 Likes

This month marks my 4th month using memory league (bought the premium access in 19/07/2019 (if I remembered correctly, though I tried it for over a week I think before finally buying it) but I had known the technique since 2016 ( I was year 10) when I friend an indigenous people of Australia, I tried it all the way until I learnt to memorise a list of 200 nouns ( still can remember a tiny section of it after all this time-0 review wooh!) using the story method (didn’t know memory palace back then) which took me 25minutes or so ( then more than an hour-whole of English class to recall which I didnt get 100%. Why not it was math class than english-love math hate english XD). Then when I was year 11 and 12 I was real depressed (my friend move house) and didnt came to finally use and practice the system until now, 6 month after graduation from high school, now its between work-study-memory repeat XD wooh! Personally if there is anything I will treasure about high school was the math I learnt lol.

And if anything, I came back to memory after seeing the chinese show - 最强大脑 ( I am from China). I have to say, aside from that one guy who can do crazy 13 digit roots, I believe I know all the methods the other competitors use now (experimented a bit with friends) Next post is break down of the stuff that uses memory technics. I wont cover the ones that is freaken obvious ofc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First of all is the crazy Rubik’s cube wall alone with the bigger nebular wall (which I cant find the video rip :frowning: :

Here what you do is stay back, to a comfortable distance such that you can see the dots nicely but not blurry enough for you to form an image of.Basically you turn one side of the wall’s pieces into images after images, and use those images to compare with the other if you get what I mean. Ultimately, you will have to try it to be convinced, which I have made for the next one :smiley:

Then there is 最强大脑-王昱珩 who is a god to many (skip to 25:20):

Here he mention about turning water into images, what he meant is turning the water bubble patterns into an image. The key here is to just pick a specific feature (mayby just 4 bubbles or less and turn them into a shape (best way), have the bubbles interract to form a story or have a peg to interact with them, then you just have to find it, find the image. Here is a quick exercise. First look at the cup I have choose for you, along with the feature I want you to remember, then try and find it again out of the 3 water cups :wink: Make sure you zoom in okay, with computers, just press Ctrl “+” to zoom in on the images :slight_smile:

oh look there is a triangle in the middle :smiley: mayby it is the face of a mouse :smiley: (enhance your image is important). Also make sure you remember how much the dots are spaced if you only pick 3 dots to form your image, notice how there is a little mole on the mouse’s forehead? yes add that in too for a safe play (4 dot is decent enough to get you through, not too much or it will be hard to retain and not too few otherwise you will find alot with similar features.

And that is it, you will see it forever now, now try and find it from those 3 blurry images okay you got this! Hint: allow your self to see it at different angles too:

If you didnt see it is number 3 - the last image. But it is okay if you didnt get it because I gave you a very similar one- the first to teach you a lesson on not to use too few dots. Practice once in real life will get you in perfect though, just get a regular cardboard cup and have a try make sure there is bubble(however tiny) then I am sure you can do it, after all it is harder to do it on computers wont you agree :wink:

I spent all day yesterday thinking about your system and finally decided to embark on your journey.

I had some ideas when I was thinking about your system. The idea I had was to eliminate the use of the phonetic alphabet in the creation of the system. Honestly, I think the phonetic alphabet keeps us from reaching our top speed. My idea for associating images with numbers / cards as follows:

Let’s say you have an ace of hearts and the image provided for this card is a blue tennis shoe. I see the scene of the blue sneakers slipping on the letter A and falling on top of a bleeding heart.

So with a little practice and overhaul with memory cards, you can recover the selected image just by looking at the card in seconds.

Yesterday I finished creating the flashcards for the numbers from 00 to 99 and today I want to finish creating the cards. I will start with a 2 digit system to see if it will work. hope it works!

2 Likes

Perhaps this post might also be useful for you.

3 Likes

I am still struggling hard to reach my old major 00-99 system speed with new method, it took me 5 days to finally able to know each and every single one without looking at cheat sheet. Personally I recommend you just make them into a memory palace in the first place, so if you ever forget, you can go through your palace and find it that way, which is more beneficial than looking at sheet in my opinion. currently to reach 80 digits with 100% on memory league I would have to take around 240s (double review though), which I am expecting it to be halfed after next week (120s with double review).

So yeah, I would definitely recommend having the 100 made into a memory palace first, and spend a good 2weeks to finally see for yourselve if it is good. I personally think it is good and that it will be better than my major system. And lols remember how I said I want to finish my 1352 this weekend, spend 4 hours+ now and haven’t got the first 100 image on XD, but having a good image is important so I guess I will keep working hard and fast, with good quality :smiley:

2 Likes

okay so I have done around 200 out of 1352 now, goal of the day is going up to 676 out of 1352 and practice for the rest of the week before finishing off another 336 next week. This is an absolutely, brutally, and painful process as I do not want words, image only, and the thing is, quality images are so so hard to find, and when I do find them, I find a bunch that is similar, and I can only pick one, this is were greed comes in and I end up struggling and wasting time eliminating XD

1 Like

. Your motivation is motivating and inspiring! searching giphy helped me with something similar a long time ago. And there’s a Chrome extension that lets you bulk download. example: You can search dance and then bulk download thousands of strange dancing GIFs… 2 makes me think of DA da da dancing , I don’t know why, oh maybe because of the Black Swan ballet!

2 Likes

What is the name of the extension please?

It’s a sniffer option on the Chrono download manager

You can even select gif box and it will download all GIFs on the page.

You have to do a lot of scrolling. I’m trying to remember another way I did some straight through Gmail…

You can use an auto mouse clicker for the scrolling…

@Erol A better way is perhaps to take the time to favourite your selections, then scroll down and download all gif.

And there’s also this giphy for Gmail extension where you can search giphy through Gmail then use the bulk downloader to download from there. Because… If I remember correctly, when done straight from the giphy website, after hundreds of GIFs in view with a certain amount of scrolling, it crashes, but it still works if done through Gmail.

2 Likes

Ended up with around 300 out of 1352 last night, back to study and work dont have the patient to take on the fatigue now. Though the plan now is to just review the things I pick and try to find better image of it little by little for now.

And yes, GIF is definitely a good idea! Dont know if the software will accept it (>.<) but gonna try it if I find quality ones, thanks again Cameri :wink:

1 Like

went back and had a check at my 1352 system today, had pegs up to the fourth suit, but only around 300 in total XD, running outta imaginations to be honest, guess I am hitting my difficult point.

I spent a couple of years on my shape system many years ago before forums with the idea of saving my son not having to learn the major system. In the end it was more versatile to stick with the major system. But, having a backup shape system is useful.

A wiki page here: https://artofmemory.com/wiki/Mnemonic_Association_System_for_Numbers

Another way to eliminate sub-vocalisation is to use an already natural list of ‘image to number appropriate’ (some shape system).
A random example: 12= 12 disciples 16= sweet sixteen 21= key of the door 40=wd40 and so on. This method may be easier to learn as it is already a natural association.
Somewhere here there is a complete list.

Hope this may help someone.

4 Likes

Burnt my crack off, finally finished perfecting my 000-200 nicely (just the system lmao). Tomorrow, get the next 200 done and I am sitting pretty.

2 Likes

Okie, finished off 000-400, next is 401-600 before trying to fit in another 200 by today if possible, which by previous experience, I dont think I will XD

I have since loosen the restriction for my images, they’re are all objects or fiction characters now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG!! I just realised what a memory palace burner the shadow system is XD
With the memory palace I have made in the past 4 month, it will only be able to fit in around 10 deck of cards or so…

If I actually master this system, I guess I will have sooo much memory palace for thousands of numbers every week XD (again, from past experience, my hypothesis is usually an overestimation to be honest).

1 Like