Memorising a figure/scheme from biology/medical book

I am able to draw this kind of schemes/pictures seen in many textbooks. Is there a way to use some applied loci method for perfect memorisation? The most hardest point is the fact that some of the things interact with some other parts (like in a mind map), any help would be perfect, because I have good skill to make pictures of most important topics easily, it would make me a very good biology student. Thank you.

3 Likes

There are a few related discussions here that might have some ideas that you could apply to it:

If you’re studying medicine, also check out @AlexM’s site. It looks like there’s a post about memorizing diagrams featured on the home page.

1 Like

Thank you, I will check it out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, as I was reading this, an idea occurred to me that I only tested quickly, so you can take my suggestion with at least one grain of salt. Since the image is roughly rectangular, I imagined the diagram laid out across the entire floorspace of the main floor of my house. That is, it crosses into different rooms, so the images intersect with the overall space in slightly unusual ways: for example, an object happens to be placed in the middle of a wall that separates the stairwell from the living room. Other than that, the plan is just to superimpose the various node-like-images from the diagram onto roughly the same position across the floorspace of my house. Once that is done, then I might imagine mentally walking the pathways specified by the arrows to lock in the network-relationship aspect of the diagram.

Darn

2 Likes

Cool idea, I will try picking an outside area I know well and try to place all diagram objects to some real objects in the area, I think it will work! Thank you for the help!!!

1 Like

Moi Mikko!
Not exactly same question as you had, but a bit similar is found in this thread: Aid in Using memory palace, my own reply a few posts later in same thread.
More or less same thoughts as @tarnation had, basically converting to a memory palace with different objects interacting with each other.

2 Likes

Kts :sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like