What do you think about the idea of "super-recognizers"?

Friends call Constable Collins Rain Man or Yoda or simply The Oracle. But to Scotland Yard, London’s metropolitan police force, he is known as a “super recognizer.” He has a special gift of facial recall powers that enables him to match even low-quality and partial imagery to a face he has seen before, on the street or in a database and possibly years earlier.

The article says that “larger-scale tests predict that 1 or 2 percent of people are super recognizers.”

He does seem to have an unusual interest in faces:

The new boy on the beat in Greenwich, in London’s southeast, he would spend hours looking at the worn Polaroid prints of neighborhood villains on the wall. “I was drawn to those pictures,” he said. “I used to look at them all the time.”

…Off duty, super recognition can be a curse. Recently, Constable Collins almost was punched. “I think sometimes I stare a bit too long, but I can’t help it,” he said. “This guy I was looking at was like: ‘What are you looking at? What are you looking at?’ ”

The full article is here: London Police ‘Super Recognizer’ Walks Beat With a Facebook of the Mind

See also: Are You a Super Face-Recognizer?

Is anyone here a super-recognizer?