It seems like memory techniques might help with this.
Summary: A simple exercise of naming unrelated words and measuring the semantic distance between the words could serve as an objective measure of personal creativity, a new study reports.
Other discussions about creativity:
- Einstein, Creativity, and "Combinatorial Play"
- The importance of Creativity
- The Real Value of Mnemonics: Creative Enhancement and Superior Memory
- Study Finds Chess Significantly Improves Creative and Critical Thinking Skills
- Empathy and Creative Abilities
- Walking Is Good for Creativity
- How to improve your creativity
- Isaac Asimov on Creativity
- Secrets of Creative Brains
- The Importance of the Arts