Suggestions if I am doing it right or wrong?

Hello everyone,

I followed the techniques and methods as per my answers to my previous query. However I wanted to know whether I am proceeding in a right direction or not. Also request for some better ways to use these techniques.

Here is what I am doing presently:

I have selected a 9 room mind palace for my book which also has a total of 9 chapters. Hence I have one room each for every chapter.

Now every Chapter has on an average 20-30 topics to remember and every topic has on an average 8 points to remember.

Like for example in chapter 2, there are a total of 35 topics and every topic has 7-8 points to remember.

From every topic I select a keyword from each point and use its first letter. I combine all these letters ( which are around 5-8) and make an image and place it somewhere in my dining room ( loci I am using for this chapter) in my mind palace.

Problems I am facing in this:

1. Since there are 35 topics hence I have to make 35 images and place it in a single room which makes it cluttered.
  2. Also, once I am going back through the images I have formed I am very much able to remember the image but not able to recall the exact info stored in the particular image.

Request all to kindly help me regarding these issues.
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I m also eager to know its answer !!! Sounds interesting

Interesting!! I don’t usually put more than ten items in a room!! However,I did put 50 items in one room using ‘Grid System’ a couple of times(two times for memorizing Major System and Dominic System). They worked well for me… But I usually avoid putting a lot of items in one single room…One way to put a lot of items in the locis of a room is to use ‘zoom in/out’ technique…

If you use “Grid System”,you may not feel cluttered,as Grid is an organized way to do things!

Also, once I am going back through the images I have formed I am very much able to remember the image but not able to recall the exact info stored in the particular image.

It may be because your images are not representing the main idea. Are you using ‘sound like’ technique to convert the info into image? For example,for the word “And”,we can use “Hand” in the sound-like technique.

2 Likes

I’ll try to answer since, as newbie memory student, that is the first problem that I’m facing (just giving you an advice that is currently working for me, i say it again - I’m not an expert)

1. I’ve noticed that if i use images that stimulate me (i.e. naked women) i can actually recall the info much better.

2. right now I’m reading an interesting book about memnotechniques where the author states that not every info can be easily translated into images. Sometimes it is easier to remember a “real life” example connected to that info.

3. In your mental images you should left “hints” that help you connect the info to the image

1 Like

Hi Mamunur Rashid,
Thanks A lot for replying.

Can you please explain me more about Grid and Dominic systems.

As I have not been through any of these methods.

Also would like to tell you That I am not using any sound like techniques as you mentioned.

There are discussions on the Grid System in the following link. Check it out:

1 Like

Hi Pietcap,
Thanks for replying.
Will try this method and get back to you in case of any query.

1 Like

And what about the Dominic System??

Visit this page: https://artofmemory.com/wiki/Main_Page

1 Like