Simple Node & Edge Drawing Software.?

Looking for something simple that allows me to wire together a number of nodes and drag the nodes around and reroute the wires w/o using a connection. Not a mind map, a graph. Much like a circuit bd design package?

Anything out there that doesn’t take 4 hours to learn, doesn’t force one to use a Mind Map or some such scheme, doesn’t cost money? The packages I’ve browsed through, by the time I’m done with setup, watching YT vids, figuring out their underlying ideas, … I’d done with a pencil before then. The math packages all seem to work from a table of node descriptions which is not what I need.

Thanks

1 Like

If you know some JavaScript, MermaidJS can take you far.

If you don’t, Mermaid Playground’s an online ‘playground’ where you can create diagrams and downloads SVGs.

2 Likes

I’ll check that out. Thank you.

For desktop software, there are Dia and Inkscape.
For an online tool, check out draw.io.

There are a few other ideas over in this thread: Mind map software-generated

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give them a try.

I’m trying to avoid having to invest too much in learning another software package. I have three pounds of gray meat and box of colored pencils that are more than up to the job, but they are a bit lazy.

Draw.io is probably the simplest point-and-click tool (out of the ones I mentioned). Dia works offline. Inkscape is more complex but can be used for more complex output.

1 Like

I would recommend Yed https://www.yworks.com/products/yed

1 Like