Reached Level 9 in Numbers Today! Not bad for a 49yr old!

I would regularly get between 50-55 and was determined to reach level 9 but with no success, today I did it! Memorised 60 digits in 60 second.

It’ll probably be very hard to reach level 10, but I am happy to reach this level today.
Not bad for a 49 year old :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Not bad at all! :slight_smile: AND you have your own system!

2 Likes

Well done! I’m only at level 5 (30 numbers) and can’t imagine ever getting as high as you. (I’m 64, by the way - so you’re just a youngster. :slight_smile: )

But I’ll keep on trying!) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Silvio! You are always supportive.
yes using my advanced peg system, seem to work well. Hope to improve it further.

I am a happy chap today :slight_smile:

I need to reward myself with something.

1 Like

Thank you James!
You’ll soon make it to level 6, I always used to think I’d not even make it to level 5, now at level 9!
I’m a few years younger than you but we both know it’s not how old we are , it’s how young we feel in our mind :slight_smile:

Thank you for your support.

3 Likes

You’re right there, Erol! I’ll keep plugging away and hope to improve further. I’m sure you will, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job!
I never reached 60 numbes myself, did over 50 a few times but I gave up for the time being ^^’

I saw a few of your posts in the pasts that were interresting but I just realized they were all from you hahaha
I’m glad to have you on the forums, and I’m glad you reached a new milestone, have a great day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dargonesti, Thank you very much!
I’ve been trying to beat level 8 for months, and many times I was so close, my last trial in the training was about 54 seconds, but I just let it run to the 60 seconds making sure I’ve got the last 4 digits and the first 4 digits in the last 4 seconds. And it worked :slight_smile:
Now I have set a goal to reach level 10 before I am 50yr old :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see, that’s more or less how I got my rank for 50 digits, but I’m just not fast enough yet for 60…

Good luck foar that rank 10!
You’re motivating me to try to climb the next ranks too hahaha

1 Like

Great job. Us old dudes need to stick together. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you Tracym. :+1:

Congrats Erol. It would be great if you could share your methodology. You mentioned you use an advanced peg system?? Personally, I use the major system (00-99) and use two pics per loci. I haven’t felt the need to moved to a PO or POA yet.

1 Like

Thank you gegs85,
yes what I did was to create images from 00-99 using the shapes of the numbers from 00-99.
The usual peg system only covers from 0-9. Ball, pencil, swan, cuffs, boat etc.
It’s taking me a long time but now I have all 110 images fro 0-9 and 00-99
plus the A-Z Alphabet letters to shapes as well.

I’ve assigned an action to each 2 digit shapes/images and it’s usually the second image that holds the action and saves me thinking of the first 2 digits using pa. Not all are the same but most does it really well.

all summarised here a this post.

hope it comes handy.

2 Likes

I hope be able to reach level 10

2 Likes

Erol, this is awesome! Congratulations. Great to see that the Shaper System pays off :muscle:

2 Likes

Finwing Thank you!
Yes the shapes are taking shape lately and seem to work well so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

which tool you’re using for test your memory Erol?

1 Like

Hi Mun,
I use https://app.memoryleague.com
and I also developed my own little practice software I use as well.

I am in level 8 in numbers and I every day try to reach level 9 but everyday I failed but I will try until I will not succeed.

6 Likes

I recommend trying out memo camp as they have games that runs for 60minutes, and you try to recall as much as possible. Personally, "long distance’ memorisation is the one thing that made a HUGE impact on my results, not only does it make me see my system faster for numbers, but it boosted my recall.

2 Likes