Overlaying Locus upon Locus (2x Speed?)

Dual Mapping – Overlaying Locus upon Locus:
Location on top of another Location saves the need to remember both a Memory Palace (Location System) and Objects to store them (Object system). Essentially, the memory palace is being inflicted upon itself. (E.g., you put the door to your house (#1 location) inside your living room (#5 location) or put your living room (#5 location) on your door (#1 location). The result is a compounded 2x increase in memory output. No need to put objects that represent numbers there, because the locations themselves represent numbers already.

Comparing with Overlay and without Overlay:
Without Overlay (Old Method): Normally someone might memorize Objects to represent numbers (Obama’s face = 4, Jim Kerry’s face = 5, Your Dog’s face = 6) and then store the Objects into the Location (a place in Obama’s House). Obama’s house/White house is being used to organize the sequence of objects. At the door, I’d put Obama, at the bottom of the stairs, I’d put Jim Kerry, at the top, put Your dog. That number would be 456. I’m using one system to organize another system. But essentially I’m using 6 different objects (3 location-visualizations and 3 object-visualizations)

With Overlay (Dual-Mapping):
When both systems are combined, the 6 different objects yield a number twice as large as the original. If the first locations of Obama’s house are treated as 1, 2, and 3, then the number goes from being 456 to 142536 with the same exact system, understood differently. Your location (organization) system also functions as your object system. So it’s 2x the punch !!

Could it be confusing?

Yes!

The idea of using locations to encode information is very interesting.

I think with the example that you gave, it would be confusing, because you would be limited to memorizing information that had this format: 12345*6… You wouldn’t be able to change those digits, unless you went in a different order, in which case you would still need a way to index them, otherwise you would lose the order. (…if I’m understanding your description correctly.)

Simon L has a method that uses locations for storing the actual information that might get around that problem.

You can put all them in one memory station or use a PAO system and put them in a one location also. Why not using more than 2 memory stations under one memory station?