Online Memory League Championship, season 5

Hi @Zoomy

I would like to join the league as well. And one thing I had a difficulty in season 4 was to schedule with opponents. Sending message is good and I think it would be better if there is any real time messenger like whatsapp during the season. Or rooms in battle.net in Starcraft.

Thank you.
Dimi

4 Likes

Yes, there’s still time and space to sign up! That brings us up to 50, and we can gladly take as many more people as want to take part! :slight_smile:

AOM name ML name Facebook name
@AlexM Alex Mullen Alex Mullen
@Johnnyworldwide John Graham John Graham
@Hannes Johannes Mallow Johannes Mallow
@SR1 Simon Reinhard Simon Reinhard
@Konsti Konstantin Skudler Konsti Skudler
@byambatsogt Byambatsogt Byambadorj Byambatsogt Byambadorj
@Boris Boris Konrad Boris Nikolai Konrad
@JanZon Jan Zoń Jan Zon
@Shasan Sanchit Sharma Sanchit Sharma
@ Jan-Hendrik Büscher Jan-Hendrik Büscher
@ Nour Elagamy Nour Aly
@laCorii Corinna Draschl Corinna Draschl
@SilvioB Silvio B.
@Zoomy Ben Pridmore Ben Pridmore
@ Max Maxi Di
@IvanMiletic Ivan Miletic
@ Daniel Evans Daniel Evans
@finian Paweł Milczarek Paweł Milczarek
@guillaumepetitjean Guillaume Petit-Jean Guillaume Petit-Jean
@EgorDubrovin Egor Dubrovin Egor Dubrovin
@mohamed22 Mohamed Ramadan Mohamed Ramadan
@ Andrej Savickij Андрей Савицкий
@ EdricLiew Edric Liew
@Ignacy Ignacy
@ClayKnight Clay Knight Clay Knight
@davide.wiki Davide Carosini Davide Carosini
@ pierre.bruzi Pierre Bruzi
@Erol Erol Ozvatan Erol Ozvatan
@Simon Simon Orton
@selimAYDIN Selim Aydin Selim Aydin
@Fabian Fabian Fabian Saal
@guilfoyled guilfoyled
@climbformemory nELSON Nelson Charles Dellis
@FrankGrube Frank Grube Frank Grube
@chrisforde Chris Forde Chris Forde
@rzaytsev r.zayt
@IssaKurapika Issa Almgadmi Kurapika Issa Kurapika
@AndreySafronov Andrey Safronov Андрей Сафронов
@Ilya_Gubenko Ilya Gubenko
@ Paolo Maria Giancola Paolo Giancola
@JamesW JamesW
@Issa Issa
@matkow matkow Mateusz Kowalczyk
@myelife Dimi
@ Ian Fennell Ian Fennell
@QuaraMan quaraman Sven Wetzel
@nadair5 Nicholas Adair
@SimonLuisi Luisi
@kwamereston kwame_8a
@ Saswat Satapathy
5 Likes

Hi Zoomy,
Thanks for updating my name on memory league. I would prefer not to have my FB name listed here though as I prefer the use of this site.

2 Likes

No problem, I’ve edited the last post. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Personally, I’m agree on the Penalty for drop out idea and new points system idea :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I would like to register for the league,thank you.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard! What’s your username on ML?

2 Likes

It’s Lucas Vo by the way, thanks.

2 Likes

I’d like to join again, please.

Thanks for organizing the Online Memory League Championships.

4 Likes

I’d like to participate please

4 Likes

I’m carefully placing my béret into the ring.

5 Likes

I’d like to join for season 5. My ML username is “Eugene”

4 Likes

I’d like to join for this season :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I see that I’m 23 days behind in responding to this post, but I would be interested in joining if it’s still possible.

4 Likes

I agree that seasons should be shorter and there ought to be fewer competitors. I think that new format of the league is a great improvement. In my opinion points system is good enough. I’m definitely against awarding any points for a loss or 3 points for a win. If I had to change something, it would be 0 points for a loss, 1 point for a win and half a point for a draw. I think that people who had withdrawn shouldn’t be removed from the table, it would look better if they got a score of 0-6 against EVERY other player. Suggestions: you can try to create some kind of timetable showing upcoming matches that will be played. Hopefully that will encourage viewers to watch league matches, because not many people know about dates agreed in the comments. That could be done half-automatically by participants - after agreeing for a date, they could insert appropriate day and hour in a calendar so other people could see it in a main page. It is also annoying that there are so many draws, because people are reluctant to play a decider. You can add a new rule that players have to play 7th game if there are one event missing in their choices. So for example if player 1 chooses names, words and cards and player 2 picks names, words and numbers then they have to play a decider in images. It can offer some odds to the second player, but will reduce the amount of draws. If there are 2 such events, then the one for 7th game is decided by flipping a coin. Of course players can still agree to play any other event, it is just a rule for those who don’t want to play. The problem is that it doesn’t happen often, but maybe you can create something by your own using these ideas.

3 Likes

Some technical improvements for the upcoming Season 5:

1. If both players in a match have an Art of Memory account, the League page will link to a private message in this forum between the two players. It’s easier to arrange a match time here. As well as the notification system being much better, there is a cool date function. Click the calendar icon to enter a date/time in your own time zone, and it will be automatically converted into your opponent’s time zone when they read the message. Here’s an example: 2019-05-04T00:00:00Z

2. Once you’ve arranged a date and time for your match, if you enter it into the League page (using format yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm, in your local time zone), it will appear in a new Scheduled League Matches section on the Home page.

Looking forward to the new season!

7 Likes

My Facebook name: Илья Губенко (https://www.facebook.com/ilya.gubenko.1)

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m really sorry to keep you all waiting like this! I know the league should have started already, but things have just kept getting in the way. It’s the weekend now, so things will spring into action and the new season will get going!

4 Likes

@Zoomy can I get the players list and which division they at please,thanks. Also I would want to know when the competition starts.

2 Likes

Am I too late to participate?

1 Like