Mnemonic Shapes For The Months Of The Year

This list might come handy for memorising dates, history, appointments, etc.
It may even be used as a 12 pegs/stops memory journey.

JANUARY: UMBRELLA
RAINY AND COLD

FEBRUARY: HEART
VALENTINE’S DAY

MARCH: SNOWMAN
FREEZING MONTH

APRIL: EASTER-EGG
EASTER

MAY: MOTHER
MOTHER’S DAY

JUNE: BRIDE
JUNE’S BRIDE

JULY: AMERICAN HAT
INDEPENDENCE DAY

AUGUST: SUN
VERY HOT MONTH (Not in the UK lol)

SEPTEMBER: MAPLE LEAVES
THE START OF THE FALL SEASON

OCTOBER: PUMPKIN
HALLOWEEN

NOVEMBER: TURKEY MEAL
THANKSGIVING

DECEMBER: SANTA
XMAS PRESENTS

What other uses can you make with the Mnemonic Shapes For The Months Of The Year?

4 Likes

Nice. Except March isn’t exactly cold here (Texas). It turns from winter to summer in a week.

2 Likes

Thank you. I know what you mean. Same as England, it’s not exactly Hot in August either :slight_smile:

It also depends where you are. I’m sure Australians will dispute August being hot, and September as the start of autumn!

1 Like

It might give some ideas to others to create one for their country.

I think this calendar is good for most european countries.

I have some similar images.

But May is a plane going down with a broken engine and October is a submarine. :slight_smile: Also September is someone who gets woken up, because of a song that’s sung by a band which is 74 in my Dominic System. These might not make any sense if you don’t know why I chose them :joy:

1 Like

Great list! When you learn someone’s birthday do you mix this with a memory system for dates like 20 (N-S) in the major system so NASA for me so if it was 20th of January an astronaut with an umbrella. If you do this how do you link that to the person? Just wondering other people’s methods:)

1 Like

Thank you.
You can do that if it’s easier for you.
What I do is to use the Number Shapes.

If my brother’s birthday was on the 20th January;

I see this;
At his home; The Snail is holding an Umbrella above him while he is eating his birthday cake. You may reason it with the ceiling that is leaking rain water, and the snail as his home pet :slight_smile:

Snail = 20 in my number shapes. and January = Umbrella.
But you can use any system that you are used to.
Your 20 for Nasa/astronaut is also good. So his/her birthday could be celebrated at the moon, s/he could be holding the umbrella to Neil Amstrong saving him from meteor rains :slight_smile:

1 Like

Other ways to link the words could be picking a distinct part of his face like if he had spiky hair having the astronaut stuck in his hair with the umbrella. Another one I was thinking of starting was one really long mind palace with everyone’s birthdays in it. The problem with having the locations unconnected is sometimes you have a brilliant mind palace but you can’t remember where it is! That might just be me though hahaha

1 Like

I like it. As for the mind palace, why not use a number shape with each b’day so you can recall it easier.

1 Like

You may be memorizing far more than I am, but I try to use locations that are relevant to the information I’m memorizing. Countries of the World - my university; Family Birthdays - my in-laws’ house; Pi - the grounds of the library in my hometown, etc.

I realize that may be tough or even impossible if you’re focusing on many different kinds of subjects; you could easily run out of relevant locations (assuming your palaces are based on real-world places).

Bob

1 Like

Yes that’s perfect for trying to store that much information but unfortunately I mind palace around four hours per day and my biggest problem is trying to find a place that I haven’t used

1 Like

I definitely would do that if I didn’t already have a major system set up for 0 to 99

2 Likes