Is Dominic system worth it?

I’ve been listening to Quantum Memory Power and his number memorization system is giving me a tough time. Coming up with 100 people was very tiring, more than half of them are a huge stretch. Moreover, as I started to memorize the list, the association is not popping up in my head at all, even a few of the obvious ones. I could theoretically force this system into my head with Anki, but is it really worth it? Maybe the Person Action Object system would be easier to handle?

2 Likes

Anyway you need Dominic or Major system to create PAO list. Are you russian? If yes, its better to use “БЦК” for it.

Dominic System never worked for me. This is the first I learnt, I really tried and I could never do it.

Major system fit better to me

But you don’t need a Dominic system for a PAO, you can use a major system. Major system will just help you come out with words out the numbers and with these words, you create PAO. The word you come up might be the Person or the Action or the Object and after you complete.

I really suggest you to adopt Major System if Dominic System doesnt work

1 Like

Oh, can I regroup the letters in it or is there any special meaning in the exact code? For example, it is easier for me to remember 0 as Н/Л than Н/М.

1 Like

Oh, thank you, this is what I needed to hear.

I think PA (as in Dominic) vs PAO is preference. As far as encoding I think consonant/consonant+associations (eg:Major) or even category+association is better than Dominic encoding.

You can change the alphabet how you want, eg: instead of Major I use:
0 = b/p
1 = l
2 = r
3 = c
4 = f/v/th
5 = s
6 = g/j/ch
7 = t/d
8 = m
9 = n

edit - wrote one of the vowels from ben system instead of the consonant

1 Like

Yeah, I think I am convinced to stick to it. However, I’ll probably go for БЦК (which is the equivalent) as the vocabulary in my native language is obviously bigger

1 Like

Sure. The system is using by Mangataev’s school and looks good:

0 - н, л
1 - г, к
2 - б, ц, х
3 - т, з
4 - ч, р
5 - п
6 - ш, ж, щ
7 - с, м
8 - в, ф
9 - д

You also always can create your own. But it takes a lot of time.

1 Like

You just need to use what fits the best, I use Major but I change some letters to work better in french, my language :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For sport, it probably doesn’t matter. For life, I think major might be better because it’s like a second language which gives you more flexibility.

2 Likes

I agree with OP for sure. 00 → 99…that’s a lot of people.
It’s taken me a lot of time and Anki to come remotely close to remembering all these people and actions. I still have a long ways to go till it becomes natural and fluid.

1 Like

In my case, it was worth it, and I’m really glad I put in the time to create mine, but it’s tough to recommend when there are much faster ways to get going with Major or whatever else. It takes a commitment. After setting it up for a few weeks, I used flash cards just to learn the system well. I can totally understand if someone decides it’s not worth the effort.
But now having used it for about ten years, I can’t imagine not having it at my disposal. And I love all the combinations that it creates. Often fun, funny, and, of course, memorable.
I’m also glad I didn’t get far into Major before learning Dominic. Some people have found that they can go back-and-forth between the two, but I found for a while that it was difficult to get the Major letter-number connections out of my head in order to get Dominic to work for me. It’s probably best if you haven’t already used Major.

2 Likes

well, I got the major code in my head, but haven’t practiced anything with it. I might just remake this system a little bit because there are a lot of bad unmemorable symbols in my system

It is Totally Worth it in my opinion.

It was a pain in the a$$ trying to come up with a lot of famous people that I was familiar with, for one thing I’m not a big sports fan.

Every day, I used google to come up with ten names (some days I did less than 10, but there was no rush at the time). I could always remember some names very quickly while others I was just stuck. So I decided that since I was going to be using this as my base engine for memorizing a lot of information, I would give it a priority placement among my Palaces (My Home), and I put each of my 100 names in a loci in my yard and house (some spilled over into my mother in law’s house as well)

Now if I ever get stuck with a number, I quickly recall the location in my house, and slowly each number got/gets easier to recall.

1 Like