3-digit Person/Object list help? (10 entries left)

While I’ve been progressing with my Shadow System project, I’ve also started a side quest to try to fill in a person and object for all the entries in the list.

This is sort of a prep for eventually learning a 3x2x3 PAO (or a 3x2x2x3 PAAO). It may also be the foundation of a true 2704 image card system sometime down the road. It has also just been a fun puzzle to try to work out! Trying to find this many images that both match the number phonetics and are distinct from each other is a pretty hefty challenge!

Over the course of the last couple months I’ve managed to fill in all but 10 of the images. I’ve been stuck on these last few for a while now, so I’m going against my own typical advice and asking for other people to give me ideas for images that could fit!

The missing entries are all “4-digit” S-blend images (from the X-J and X-Q card pairs for those familiar with Shadow.) Here’s the list:

SN-24 (PERSON)
SN-34 (PERSON)
SN-71 (PERSON)
SM-31 (OBJECT)
SM-14 (OBJECT)
SM-24 (OBJECT)
SM-34 (OBJECT)
SL-24 (OBJECT)
SL-44 (OBJECT)
SL-54 (OBJECT)

For these particular images, the structure is pretty strict. The first consonant sound has to be a direct blend, no vowel sounds in between. So for example, my object for SN-71 is a SNaCK Display, a rack of chip bags you might see at a convenience store. Note that the very first sound is that SN direct blend. All of these missing images have an S-blend like that.

I have no problem using trailing extra consonants or multiple words for the image as long as the FIRST CONSECUTIVE consonant sounds are the required ones.

One more example, my person for SL-24 is a SLaiN waRRior. This has multiple words and extra consonants at the end, but it’s no problem for me to read because the “SL-N-R” sounds easily key me into that phrase and image.

Needless to say, the numerical phonetics strictly follow the traditional Major System.

Appreciate any help you can provide!

1 Like

Could SL-54 translate into a SLy LiaR? A stereotypical politician or lawyer or maybe even Pinocchio?

It could! But I need an object for that one.

Just thought of “SLow LoRRy” for SL-54. A delivery truck crawling along with hazard blinkers on.

Also came up with “SNow MaRauder” for SN-34. The winter king from game of thrones.

And “SNaCK Dude” for SN-71. A cheesy mascot guy for Doritos, like a giant bag of chips with a cartoony face. (This is not something that actually exists, but I can totally picture what he would look like!)

SN-71 SNowy “GeTs a washi” (Make Tin Tin’s dog’s Surname: Getsawashi).

.

Or SN-71 SoN GaTz. In the classical American novel by F Scot Fitzgerald titled: “The Great Gatsby” Gatsby was born “James Gatz ,” the son of poor farmers, in North Dakota. However, he was deeply ambitious and determined to be successful. He changed his name to “Jay Gatsby” and learned the manners of the rich on the yacht of Dan Cody, a wealthy man who he saved from a destructive storm and ended up being employed by.

SoN - GatZ becomes:

or

SoNNy GoDfather

Santino “Sonny” Corleone is a fictional character in Mario Puzo’s 1969 novel The Godfather and its 1972 film adaptation. He is the eldest son of the mafia don Vito Corleone and Carmela Corleone. He has two brothers, Fredo and Michael, and a sister, Connie. [Wikipedia] (Sonny Corleone - Wikipedia)

Played by: [James Caan]

For SL-NR I have SLy - NeRo. Nero being the Roman Emperor who infamously burnt down Rome or at least as folklore has it, fiddled away on his Lyre as it burnt to the ground. But why SLy Nero?

Because fearing that his younger step-brother might claim the throne, Nero had him murdered. Shortly after Claudius’s death, Nero’s 13-year-old step brother Britannicus died suddenly. According to the ancient writer Tacitus’s account, Nero and Agrippina intentionally poisoned Britannicus to make way for Nero to take over the emperorship. That’s the part I find to be “Cunning” or “SLy” on Nero’s part.

Some good ideas, Fred! I like “SNowy GeT” but I’d picture him with a stick or something he just fetched (like Tintin said “Snowy! Get it!”) I think I like my SNaCK Dude a little better. It came from my own brain, so the instinctual connection is favored, plus it flows easily from my previously learned object of “SNaCK Display.”

The others that have SoN or SoNNy don’t correctly follow the format. They have to start with SN, not S-N.

The reason for this is that SoNNy Godfather can be conflated with 027. The rule for picture-card-second pairs is that they must start with S-blend sounds.

2 :spades: 7 :spades: is pronounced S/Z-N-G/K (for me it’s SiNK.)

7 :clubs: J :spades: is pronounced SN-K/G-T/D, so “SNaCK Display” and “SNaCK Dude” (or SNowy GeT)

I like SLy NeRo, but I already have NeRo as my person for 24 / 4 :clubs: K :spades:. Thats one of the big challenges here, finding good images that won’t conflict with the 2700+ others on the list!

1 Like

Another one down! Just came up with SNow wiNNeR for SN-24 (person)

This means all people entries have been filled!

Only 6 left, all need to be OBJECTS:

SM-31
SM-14
SM-24
SM-34
SL-24
SL-44

SM-14 SMuTTy Romance. A novel with sex interspersed in it:

or SM-14 could be very small pieces as in a hand grenade blowing something into: “SMiTHeReeNs”

Here I would think of a wooden shack being blown into “SMiTHeReens”

1 Like

Smoother :thinking:

2 Likes

@fred2 I think SMuTTy Romance will work! I’m picturing an exaggerated oversized paperback novel with a shirtless Fabio looking guy on the cover haha.

@Rajadodve786 I actually have that image as a “SMooVeR,” kind of a stretch pronunciation using that V, but it works.

1 Like

SL-24 SLaiN waRRior

I realized I can use this as both a person and an object.

As a person, it’s a ghost or zombie knight like in the Lord Of The Rings when Aragorn raises the army of the dead.

As an object, it can be a corpse in armor with a spear pinning it to the ground.

SL-44 SLow eRRoR

An old computer monitor showing the blue screen of death windows error. The computer was running super slow, then froze and bluescreened.

SM-31 SMoo(th) MuD

A kid’s mud pie. Not a perfect fit, making the TH silent, but it will work.

Only two objects left to go!!

SM-24
SM-34

SM-24 = SMiNeR

Abstract: Data mining is a process to discover useful patterns in large volumes
of data through the application of appropriated algorithms, tools, and
techniques. However, building scalable, extensible, and easy-to-use data
mining systems has proved to be a very difficult task. This paper presents the
web platform called SMINER, which aims at interoperability and facility of
integration in the development of data mining applications. The platform is
based on the paradigm of service-oriented architecture (SOA) using the web
services standard for extensibility and interoperability. This platform is
composed of two main components: 1) web services, which implement data
mining algorithms; 2) a user web interface, which can be used for modelling
applications that use the services of the platform. Experimental results
demonstrate that our SOA-based platform makes it easy to construct a flexible
and scalable data mining system.

The word fits, but what would the visual be?

Maybe I can can still use the word and just turn SMiNeR into shorthand for “saltminer.” That brings to mind a helmet with a headlamp on it. Or maybe a big machine with a giant drill or blade at the front that bores into the earth to mine things. A little more tangible and action-ready than the data mining operation.

The word is memorable and naturally conjures that imagery for me… I like it!

Thanks Fred! Just one left now!!!

SM-34 object!

If you are able to use acronyms then SMA-MRI may work for you?

Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) is a progressive neuromuscular accompanied by significant typically proximal muscle weakness and atrophy due to degeneration of the anterior horn cells of the spinal cord.1

Diagnosis of SMA does not require magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), but neuroimaging of the central nervous system is typically performed as part of a differential diagnostic evaluation in patients presenting with progressive weakness.2

MRI findings in SMA will vary depending on the SMA type. Patients with the most severe forms of SMA with types 0 and 1 typically will have visible muscle atrophy (most prominent in the calf muscles) and may have more prominent subcutaneous fat with larger intramuscular fat planes.3-5 Patients with types 2, and 3 typically have a muscle atrophy with a ragged appearance or patches of MR signal abnormality within affected muscles. SMA types 2 and 3 are more likely to have fatty infiltration and increased size of the intramuscular fat planes than patients with type 0 or type 1 SMA.3-5 Patients with milder forms of type 3 SMA may have stable but reduced muscle volumes with MR signal abnormalities in muscle groups within the upper and lower extemities.6-8

MRI of the brain and spinal cord in patients with SMA may reveal cortical atrophy, increased MR signal within the globus pallidus, and an “owl’s eye” pattern of T2 hyperintensity within the anterior horn of the spinal cord correlated with the neuronal loss within this cord region.9

The MRI findings in SMA are not specific to this disease and may be seen in SMA variants like spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy10 and in other progressive neuromuscular diseases such as the muscular dystrophies.5

I am thinking that perhaps this may be a bit too cryptic for you though?

It’s a pity that Samurai doesn’t fit the pattern you are looking for although a Samurai may have caused SMA requiring MRI …? I don’t know I’m lost with this one?

The SMA condition makes me think of the lyrics of “Come Together” by the Beatles:

…HE ONE SPINAL CRACKER (SMA)… Nonsense lyrics that only John Lennon’s genius could conjure??

SaMuRai is my 034. :wink:

SMA MRI is a bit esoteric, but I could make the connection with an MRI machine work. Its a good image, lots of sound and motion potential there with whirring magnets. Just need go stregthen the SMA connection, which shouldn’t be too tough to do.

Thanks Fred!

I’m gonna go with it!

It may end up being next year’s project to learn all of these alt images haha, but now my perfectionist itch of having an incomplete grid will be satisfied!!!

2 Likes