Which memory technique is best to learn french ??

Which memory technique is best to learn french ??

I don’t know. But whatever works is useful. Palace link etc.

For languages in general, I wrote this response a while back. Do read the entire thread in addition to my response, it is very useful.

One thing I would add is that you need to pick a way of learning. When you plateau with that method, jump to another method. You might use different methods for memorizing e.g. grammar vs vocabulary vs pronunciation. As you advance you will need different methods.

For vocabulary, I used Anki, which I highly recommend. It is a tool, but you need to learn how to make it work for you. At first I entered in every word I didn’t know, and I was quickly overwhelmed. Then I changed to using a notebook to write down every word I didn’t know. Whenever I felt I had “room” in my daily Anki review, I would go over the notebook to find words I had written down more than once. There are a surprisingly large number of words you will only come across once, and it makes no sense to memorize words you will never need again. The words that showed up multiple times in my notebook were the demonstrably important words. Entering those words into Anki felt like it made the learning of useful vocabulary far more efficient, and I advanced much faster than others.

1 Like