• M2 edges / 3-style corners
  • Full 3-style

0 voters

1 Like

I solve half blind fold.it means one eye close and second open :blush:

With UBL or UFR as buffer?

1 Like

@bjoern.gumboldt
I think M2 edge method is much easier than old pochmann edges so I use m2 edges.
And second reason is less moves in m2 edges as compare to old pochmann.

But I also know old pochmann edges method.

Currently I am using M2 edges and OP corners.

@bjoern.gumboldt

Do you know Orozco method for corners.
I am not using it.

If you know , please tell me the concept of Orozco method.

hold on a second, u r using old pochman? isn’t ur speed around 44s for 3 times 3? I did not know good old poch is that good.

It’s a subset of 3-style that uses roughly 5% of the algorithms you’d use in full 3-style; however, it works like OP corners as far as number of swaps to solve the corners. You’d basically use:

• UFR>URB>UBL: [x R2: [D2, R U R’]]
  • UFR>URB>___: […: […, …]]

…your basic A-perm to shoot from C to B to A, where C (i.e., UFR) is your buffer just like in 3-style. The difference is that instead of solving 2 corners at a time, you keep B (i.e., URB) fixed as a helper buffer and solve one corner per cycle… just as you would with OP.

I guess you could argue that it’s similar to using 2-look OLL instead of full OLL, but really it’s just OP with 20some algorithms instead of a Y-perm.

I don’t think it’s easier really, but definitely faster. I used to use it in the past, but then didn’t do BLD for a year or so and forgot all the algorithm. With OP edges you use the J(a) and J(b) that you use for corners and the T-perm that you use in regular CFOP, so there isn’t really much to know in terms of algorithms. If you know full PLL, you know the algorithms for OPOP.

@bjoern.gumboldt
How you memorized set up moves in old pochmann for corners and edges.

I’m using both J-perms in addition to the Y-perm for the corners and the T-perm for the edges. This way it’s more than intuitive how to bring them up to the U-layer, because I have all 3 locations to choose from.

Say I’m looking at K, P, V on the FDR cubie:

R and then swap A and C with a Y-perm to shoot to K
RF’ and then swap A and D with a J-perm to shoot to P
R2 and then swap A and B with the other J-perm to shoot to V

I guess if you’re only using the modified Y-perm in RFU then it may not be quite as intuitive… what algorithms do you use for OP corners?