Visualization (Silva Mind Control Method Of Mental Dynamics)

Silva Mind Control Method Of Mental Dynamics
What is this book ?

I’m not familiar with it, but there is information in Wikipedia.

After experimenting and being convinced of his daughter’s sudden clairvoyance, Silva decided to learn more about the development of psychic abilities.

In 1944, Silva began developing his method, formerly known as Silva Mind Control , using it on his family members and friends, before launching it commercially in the 1960s.

and:

James Randi wrote [in An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural] that the Silva Method “claims to develop improved memory, learning ability, and paranormal powers like telepathy. Much of the course consists of ‘visiting’ absent persons imagined by students and performing diagnoses on them. No tests of the validity of this practice have been done; such tests are discouraged by the teachers of the system.”

There’s also some more information here:

[Silva] claimed that “only 10 percent of humanity think with the right brain hemisphere” as well, and these 10 percent are geniuses. The other 90 percent “use only the left brain hemisphere to think with. They do both their thinking and acting with only the left brain hemisphere.”

Silva seems to have based his notions about the split-brain on the work of Roger Sperry and his colleagues. Silva, like many others who latched onto this split-brain model, seems to have modified it to his own purposes and beliefs. Much work has been done on the brain since Sperry. Without putting too fine a point on it, nearly everything Silva said about the brain is wrong.

If you’re curious about psychic abilities, this documentary is interesting:

“there is no royal road to geometry.” - Euclid circa 300 BC