Videos of the Final Rounds at the 2014 USA Memory Championship

Three videos of the competition from Brad Zupp:

Is it just me, or did anyone else find her tone a tad condescending?

I totally forgot to look up during the memorization phase of the tea party, so when that first kid came out, it was the first time I had seen him! But The first two guys missed his name, and I remembered thinking that DiNicuolo was the hardest name that I had seen, so I just assumed it was him. Rookie mistake xD

And a priceless face at 3:03 of the Words video. It’s like, “Oh my god, I got an invitation to the Tea Party from Gatsby himself!”

Did Brad film the first video with a hidden camera and a mirror??

Lance so is the only reason you were disqualified on the double deck of cards is starting with the wrong deck during recall?

And no, it’s not just you.

It wasn’t strictly a disqualification. I got out by missing a card, according to the rules. I asked her what was going on, you know? And by the time she was done with that very thorough answer, I knew that there were only a couple of seconds left, so I spit out the Ace of Spades, which was actually the 49th card of the first deck (instead of the second card of the second deck), following the wrong six of diamonds. I believe that is right anyway, but I was really rushed. If only I had thought to keep my mouth shut and just think, I’m sure 15 seconds would have been enough time to figure out the 54th card, it isn’t that hard. But I didn’t think to do that, and I know these USAMC people, and I believe they would have disqualified me for time even though she used up 10 seconds of my time by speaking.

I’m looking forward to the presumably professional atmosphere of the WMC when I go either in 2014 or 2015. But over this next year, I’m going to improve more than last year because I don’t have to spend all this time getting the system ready, and plus, anger and envy are excellent motivators for me, and I’m angry at the USAMC people (generalized anger, lmao) and envious of Jonas, so the universe is on my side. xD

Plus, all these new guys are really good, getting better fast, and I just can’t let 'em pass me up. And I know you are going to be really good too with all this time you are investing in the big system. Just check the sign up page obsessively.

I see.

Awesome :expressionless:

Hey guys, I had a version of the Spoken Words where the remaining 5 wanted to keep going till last man standing, I am posting it to youtube and will provide a link.

And here it is.

Livan