Speeding reading, report of results

I used a pointer finger briefly a little over a year ago to read with and was dissuaded from it by the book “Triple Your Reading Speed” by Wade Cutler. After reading for the second time that using a pointer is in fact better, I decided to give it another try.

I’m reporting my results. Using a pointer is in fact better(for me at least). I stayed focused longer, I get lost less while reading text books with big pages and tiny words… simply put, I read faster. I am currently using an unsharpened pencil as my pointer as that seems to work the best.

I’m sure there will be some who say that I am hurting myself long term by doing this, but I’v been trying a to increase my speed for a while now and this has consistently helped. My experience, this is a legit technique.

That’s all, good look in your endeavors.

Interesting, I’ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

Here’s something you must do!! At the end of each page ask yourself “what happened in that page?” I’m often shocked while speed-reading just how little I was actually absorbing, only speed read if you’re mind palacing with it so you’re actually learning

2 Likes

Great tip @mcnallymemory!

@OffTheRails Yes, the pointer makes a huge difference. I have been reading this way for the past decade and couldn’t imagine life without it.