Spectating own match!

@Simon While playing matches one can see his/her match in next tab, mobile etc. and basically cheat. So when one switches to next tab or open next tab can’t you make that terminate the game or do something else.

1 Like

Yes, I also think it’s an issue. We were spectating one match today (or 2, actually) where one player had 2 games running simultaneously. Spectating your own game while you’re still doing recall in another tab is gonna hurt the integrity of the Leaderboard results (and that was basically admitted by others in the chat for the match), but some people pay their subscription in ML in order to work their way up that leaderboard legitimately, and want to believe it has merit.

I don’t want to allege any cheating, and always give my opponent the benefit of the doubt – trust is always needed. But human nature being what it is, if some mechanism prevented simultaneous tabs it would help – maybe it’s not technically feasible yet, and no doubt another hack is always around the corner – but since it was done just in the open on the main ML homepage, I thought I had to mention it.

1 Like

P.S. I don’t want to say that the player in the simultaneous match was actually spectating his other match, and I personally go into every game with trust and respect for my opponent, whether in ML or just for rated-game. I think if anyone does that, they need to select “non-rated game” for such activities, and it will help prop up the integrity of the ratings system.

1 Like

Anyway, we’re dealing with pretty intelligent people in this league. We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t have good memories, so none of us should expect indifference with indications of things that have potential for fraud. I’m just going to refuse rated games with opponents that have no problems with such things. That’s all.

James Balderston

I assume players are not cheating, because when they get to the level where they are playing meaningful games, the camera will be on.

3 Likes

So I just finished my last possible match this season (no response from one competitior, who if I beat puts me in a chance to get promoted to the next level; - but since he doesn’t, everyone in my level gets the benefit of his disqualification). Well understood that this is the best we can expect given the situation.

It’s a shame there are participants who say the regular league rankings don’t have that much weight (good opportunity for hilarious results, I heard in one thread). Still this forum is the best out there, so I’m willing to stick to it.

James Balderston

1 Like

Just one angle. Just practice more, all good. Best to all next round.

1 Like

(Probably better in a different thread, granted. Cheers to all)

1 Like