Remember calendar and dates for the next two months

[This thread was copied here from the old forum.]

nisto 29 October, 2012 - 13:36

In a book by Dominic O’Brien, he mentions his system of keeping mental notes of dates: from a vantage point on a hill, he has 31 loci one way and 31 loci the other way; the first 31 being this month, the next 31 next month. (If I remember it correctly. (No, I am not trying to reuse the old mnemo-wizard who forgets things-joke :slight_smile: ))
I have this 62 loci on my body instead: 1 top of head, 2 forehead, 3 eyes etc – this month right side, next month left side, and every 1st of a given month, everything on the left side of the body moves to the right. The persons from my PAO-system gives the time.
Eg: now I have half a Tom Nordlie (12) (Norwegian football trainer) coughing and weezing on my left nipple – 1130 on the 21 st next month I have an appointment at the doctor for my asthma.

I have only just started with this system, but I sure remember Tom Nordlie…
However, I would lke to have the days in this system as well. Does anyone have a suggestion how what might work? Mark every monday with a moon? Mark every date with an appropriate symbol for the day? Mark only the first of the month and count to get the others? Use colours? Make the P interact, so that Tom Nordlie sits wheezing on a moon, for instance? (Yes, I suppose – but how should the days be encoded in my calendar systm in the first place, so that a mere glance down my body tells my what day a date in the next two months is?)

I try not to point to my body when making appointments for the 23rd, by the way… :bigsmile:

suncover 29 October, 2012 - 19:11

An interesting idea - never really thought of using my body like such :stuck_out_tongue:

Josh Cohen 27 November, 2012 - 19:28

nisto wrote:

However, I would lke to have the days in this system as well. Does anyone have a suggestion how what might work? Mark every monday with a moon? Mark every date with an appropriate symbol for the day? Mark only the first of the month and count to get the others? Use colours?

Have you figured out a solution that works? I might try marking the weekdays with images.

nisto 10 December, 2012 - 12:13

I think it works even better if I can calculate the weekday quickly. That way I don’t have to memorize as much. Not "Hm, Adolf Hitler is playing basketball with a moon (Monday) on my left shoulder, he is playing basketball on my shoulder, that means 10th of next month, that’s january, 2013, so… 10+6+2=18, which is Thursday.
Hm, sounds more complicated, but it works better for me.

tenpercentbee 5 December, 2016 - 03:52

For weekdays: I’ve seen the suggestion of using the Japanese weekday names, which have very visual associations. They are listed at http://www.cjvlang.com/Dow/dowjpn.html