Records for each category?

Is there a way to find out what the records (ie. fastest times) are for each category on Memory League? I’m giving a presentation on Saturday about the USAMC and will be talking about the Memory League during it as well. People may be interested in what people are capable of.

0 Likes

There is not currently a way to see this on the Memory League website, but I have been collecting scores of over 5000 matches since the beginning of December, and some of the fastest scores I’ve seen are:

11.84s for 52 cards by 叶博.
9.04s for 30 images by Jan Zoń.
41.49s for 30 names by Alex G.
13.01s for 80 numbers by Alex Mullen (Zion Kim, a newcomer, supposedly did 80 numbers in 7.41s, but it’s hard to say how legit it is with such a huge and sudden jump in performance, even though it would be cool if it is for real. Personally, I will remain skeptical until proven otherwise. :)).
43.90s for 50 words by Katie Kermode.

(Simon Orton and the team behind Memory League could probably query their database directly to see the top scores, but this is not something that is public yet.)
0 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much!

0 Likes

(Simon Orton) #4

Thanks for that, Florian!

Unfortunately I can’t easily query the database for the top scores.

The best scores achieved in championships are:

Cards: 52 in 16.86 sec (Alex Mullen)
Names: 30 in 55.15 sec (Katie Kermode)
Numbers: 80 in 17.65 sec (Alex Mullen)
Words: 50 in 51.31 sec (Katie Kermode)

0 Likes

(Ben Pridmore) #5

I really love Florian’s spreadsheet! I use it to check how my opponents are doing in the league all the time :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Does Emma’s score count as a record? We were told last year that it wouldn’t count since the set of images wasn’t one made specially for the competition.

0 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to 叶博?
Well, I don’t see any records of him in ML.
Are Jan Zoń and Alex G not active any more?

0 Likes

(Ben Pridmore) #8

I don’t know anything about 叶博, but Jan is still around, and Alex just has a (hopefully temporary) problem with accessing the site at the moment - people sometimes just don’t get the chance to play on Memory League enough when there’s something else happening in their life :slight_smile:

0 Likes

By the way, are the current records (and rules) still available on the ML site? It used to be possible to access them via “memoryleague.com” (without “app.”) but not anymore now that the training site has migrated away from “app”.

0 Likes