Questions on making my PAO alpha-numerical

[This thread was copied here from the old forum.]

WJW 26 August, 2012 - 08:11

Hi all

I’m going through my first PAO list and I ended up by asking myself a question that I can’t seem to find the answer to (either here or online).

The question involves using the PAO system to match a number to corresponding letter. The reasoning behind this is such…

This last week (while on vacation) I met a lady who is a lawyer, author, comedienne, actress and singer. My wife bought her book, a self-help book on how to brand and advertise your business, and she mentioned in passing that her kids were coming up for the weekend. Her kids names are Daniela, Paloma, Riviera and Aviva.

I thought that it would be good if I were to be able to remember her kids names for the next time that we see her (next summer).

But then I started to think “how am I going to remember the names of people I haven’t met and link them to one person?” I then decided to modify my system slightly. I attempted to turn their names into only three letters, the letters being the first letter of their name followed by the next two pertinent consonants in their names.

Aviva would be AVV.
Daniela would be DNL etc.

I could probably do this with the names of everyone I could possibly come across, since even if I couldn’t remember the first name of the moderator of this forum for example, I could remember my 10th P doing the 19th A with my 8th O (JSH).

That way “Aviva” would be “Arnold flying with a cape”.

01 (A) Arnold pumping weights
22 (V) Vampire flying over the night sky with a black cape

Before I go completely nutty with my redone PAO system, does it make sense to have my first 27 PAOs alphabetically increasing? (00 is reserved for Albert writing on a chalk board).

Thanks
Jim

Sent from FirstClass with my iPad

Josh Cohen 26 September, 2012 - 14:30

WJW wrote:

Before I go completely nutty with my redone PAO system, does it make sense to have my first 27 PAOs alphabetically increasing? (00 is reserved for Albert writing on a chalk board).

The idea sounds interesting. What do you mean by “first 27 PAOs alphabetically increasing”?

WJW 28 October, 2012 - 11:49

Josh:

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but at the time of my original post, I hadn’t been able to get a copy of Dominic’s memory book. I now realize that I was unknowingly trying to do exactly what he was writing about. My first attempt at my Dominic P(AO) system is about 95% complete, still missing 92 to 99. This of course gives me A through E and G, H, N,and O. I would still be missing 16 other letters of the alphabet.

My intent (still) is to have two systems. One will be P(AO) for numbers 0-9999 and the other a true PAO for letters A-Z

Examples would be

AAA
Arnold lifting weights.

BBB
Baker Icing Cake

VVV
Vampire Flying With Cape

JeFF would then be Johnny Cash ( J ) spraying water on a fire (F is a Fireman hosing a fire).