Question about USA Memory Championship events

http://www.ronwhitetraining.com/tag/deck-of-cards

It is a series of 7 events that you must navigate through. The events are: - How many names and faces can you recall in 15 minutes – How many consecutive digits can you memorize in 5 minutes – How fast can you CORRECTLY remember the sequence of a shuffled deck of cards? – How many words of a poem can you memorize in 15 minutes? – How many random words can you memorize in 15 minutes? – How much info can you remember from 5 people that you meet? (name, birthday, address, phone, pet, hobbies, car, favorite foods) – How may cards can you memorize (2 decks supplied) in 5 minutes?

Can anyone please name any documents or books, where I can find some information about these event (exactly why were those tasks chosen out and are those tasks goof for memory training)?
Or is there any books, where someone suggest a similar tasks for memory training? I need to find some memory training exercises and also get some proof and explanations (that they are good choice) from some books.
I have searched for over 2 weeks and haven`t found any suitable books :~

For information on the USA Championship events, check out these pages:
http://www.usamemorychampionship.com/events

For information on how to learn the techniques, check the wiki’s Getting Started Guide and use the search box at the top. (Example searches: “speed cards” or “major system”)

You can print out practice sheets in our memory training section.

If you just want a quick & easy intro to memory techniques in general, get a copy of Quantum Memory Power by Dominic O’Brien.

Once you have experimented with the basics, you can ask questions in threads like this and this.

Rhal,

Agree that there isn’t a book specific to the USA memory championship, however I think you’ll find that through interaction with this community or by perusing the content already published in the forums on this site that you’ll have a great start.

I’m also participating in NYC in March 2014 so am in the midst of preparation.

Cheers,
Erik

Does anyone know if the events are in the same order every year?