Prototype of pa_boost

BACKGROUND:
Finally, I had made the prototype of Boost card system collection.
In the past few weeks, I had came up with many ideas, but none of them seemed to be good. The evaluation criterion of the system is based on simplicity (easy to understand eg Peg to card value), consistency (card format consist eg PA->PA->PA, PA->PO->PP etc), effectiveness (all the pegs have a significant use rate eg in normal PA the expected train percentage of P and A are avg_use rate26/52_pegs=0.5 for each sector).

My original PA pegs organization:
:spades:10,A-9{peg10, 11-19}
:heart:20,A-9{peg20, 21-29}
:clubs:30,A-9{peg30, 31-39}
:diamonds:40,A-9{peg40, 41-49}
JQK=peg100-111

New PA Prototype:

Examples:
(EG1)

(EG2)

(EG3)

(EG4)

Remarks:
ⓕ:full rank {A,2,3,-,10,J,Q,K}
ⓗ:half rank {A,2,3,-,8,9,10}
ⓜ:mixed mode only for PA users, use object to indicate the pair cards.

ANALYSIS:

AVERAGE NUM OF 2 CARDS COMPRESSED INTO 1 IMAGE FROM 1000 GAME SIMULATION
PA_BF 8
PA_BH 5
PAO_BF 5
PAO_BH 3

DISCUSSION:
The boost card system make use of the phenomenon: pair is common in a random draw, to transfer those cards into a single images. If a rank pair is drawn, we memorized its rank combination; if a suit pair is drawn, we memorized the first card only. In the recall phase, we memorized a deck that we can use exclusion method, to find out pairs. It is true that there is a slim chance we have two same rank pair happens (around = 1/1691/169, eg :heart:2 :heart:3; :diamonds:2 :diamonds:3). And it would be very unlikely to happen three times!!! A suggestion of creating an universal image for such case is quite enough. For suit pair (eg :clubs:3 :heart:3; :spades:3 :diamonds:3), please still calm, and remember the next pair as normal PA, though the chance is also low: 134!/52C4=1%. To know a peg is being compressed, obvious case : the pegs not in normal PA list, eg 87, 6k, 00 etc. For the pegs falls into normal PA, the compressed card will happen twice or more! We can train our brain get used to the situation. If you are cannot memorize all the cards in one minute, I don’t suggest you to use this system!

POTENTIAL EQUIPMENT TO BE CONSIDERED:
Average rate: 1 pair / game
Triple :spades:A :heart:2 ♧3 ♢4
:spades:A :spades:r∣10∼09∣e.g. :spades:A :spades:3=13
:heart:2 :heart:r∣20∼29∣e.g. :heart:2 :heart:3=23
:clubs:3 :clubs:r∣30∼39∣e.g. :clubs:3 :clubs:9=39
:diamonds:4 :diamonds:r∣40∼49∣e.g. :diamonds:4 :diamonds:5=45
:spades:r :spades:A∣50∼59∣e.g. :spades:3 :spades:A=53
:heart:r :heart:2∣60∼69∣e.g. :heart:3 :heart:2=63
:clubs:r :clubs:3∣70∼79∣e.g. :clubs:9 :clubs:3=79
:diamonds:r :diamonds:4∣80∼89∣e.g. :diamonds:5 :diamonds:4=85
Note, if we had memorized :spades:A :spades:3=as image 13, image 13 will not happen twice in a deck, as there don’t have two :spades:A or :spades:3!

OPEN END QUESTION:
If you are using PAO/PA, did u use all the pegs for your card system?
If no, do you think it is possible apply some shortcuts like the above system?
Did you came up some similar ideas? Please state below. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes