Possible to develop Visual Memory/Imagery?

Hi there!

This is my first post. Hope it’s in the right place.

I’m looking for feedback on developing mind’s eye imagery and visual memory/thinking.

Has anyone come across successful techniques for this? I’ve experimented with Image Streaming, but haven’t noticed any significant changes or improvements in my visual memory or visual thinking.

3 Likes

Hi there, Welcome to the forum.
Have a look at the link below, I mentioned some visualising practices, it can work with 2 or 3 digit systems. Hope it helps.

3 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t tried it yet, type “visualization” into the search box. There are also tags for #visualization and #aphantasia.

1 Like

Practice, practice and practice again. Imagination cannot be improved in a day or even a week. But, everyday training in the field of mnemonics and attempts to switch to purely visual thinking never go unnoticed. When your images become and you want to become a pure visual. Do not forget that visual thinking is also a thinking process. For abstract concepts, one needs to look for associations that can be visualized. That is what many scientists did. One must constantly hone the ability to find associations and manipulate images in the mind. Rotate them, enlarge parts and overlap. Your mind should act as a program for Photoshop. This is figurative thinking. I also recommend learning speed reading and visual methods of counting in the mind, like an abacus.

3 Likes

That sounds quite interesting. I’d like to know more about the experiments you did with Image Streaming. How long did you try? And could you give some lines of verbal description as an example, please?

1 Like