The last few years, I have intensely studied memory techniques, learning methods, and other systems that had apparent potential to improve human mental abilities. This was all in an aim to eventually produce my own system that merged them all together in an effective way, such that it would make learning dramatically faster for humans. This was something of a dream.
But something new is on the rise: AI, showing amazing potential and exponentially improving. OpenAI has proved hundreds of significant open conjectures in mathematics with AI, and even in my personal mathematics research the newest models can solve conjectures from my previous papers in minutes.
It seems human intelligence will be rendered basically insignificant in the face of AI, which will be (and in some ways already is) way faster and more efficient than even the smartest humans. If this is all true, what is the significance of making learning techniques for humans?
Even a successful system will be little more than a novelty in a year or two in the face of an agent swarm of 10000 coordinated Opus 7.5 AIs with dramatically cheaper tokens. What will be the point of human intelligence optimization?
I think I studied the wrong field these past few years: I should have focused on optimizing machine intelligence, not human intelligence. Now I don’t know what to do with myself seeing as though my dream has gone the way of the dodo.