Multiple images

(Simon Orton) #1

It’s now possible to group images when memorizing.

Click Preferences on the Train Images or Compete page to set your preference. You can choose up to 5 images at a time - the images get a little smaller if you have groups of 4 or 5 so they’ll fit on the screen.

If you want, you can even use a combination of group sizes. For example, if you enter ‘3 3 2’ as your Groups preference (without the quotes), you’ll get two groups of 3, followed by one group of 2, repeating until you reach the end of the images.

Has anyone tried out this feature? If so, how has it worked for you?

(Silvio B.) #3

I have tried it, but I‘m much slower. I think I‘d give it another try if the 2 images could be displayed on top of each other instead of next to each other.

I switched to 5 images and absolutely love it.

My times seemed to decrease a bit (35 seconds instead of 30 on average), but this could also be because I didn’t train for, uhm, fifteen months (apart from ML-matches and Memory League May)

@SilvioB interesting idea on being able to chose to have the images display vertically instead of horizontally. Maybe others would be interested in that as well.

@Finwing is there a difference in score now between displaying 5 images vs. 1 image, or are they both at 35 seconds? Please let us know what happens as you get back into training :slight_smile:

(Simon Orton) #6

Great, thanks @Issa for making more work for me!

I trained with five images for some weeks and now switched back to one image. This time it had only a very small effect on my scores, if at all. Looks like it is mainly a matter of familiarization.