Memory Games on Netflix (2019)

@josh, Not on Amazon either…
Info page for the removal of Memory Games on Netflix: https://usa.newonnetflix.info/info/81105525

2 Likes

Probably wasn’t popular enough to justify the server space and license. Sad to say, but I’m pretty sure that only people “in the know” probably watched this documentary en mass, and we already know how few of us there are already.

Also, when I watched this when I obtained a Netflix subscription, I didn’t think that a newbie would like it very much. I would’ve found it boring if I watched it 7 odd years ago.

Well, I would’ve watched it if it was available in France… It would be weird for them to block it in certain countries, and then remove it because there wasn’t enough people watching it. But I don’t know why they block things in some countries to begin with.

Or how about it was on Netflix for 24 months (June 2019 - June 2021 in the US) and they have other movies that they don’t keep for that long, so where is the issue? It’s not a Netflix production, so you can’t expect it to be on there forever.

I mean straight from the horse’s mouth on the matter. 9 times out 10 they’ll keep a show if it’s profitable enough. I mean these are the same guys who kept up Cuties and the Chappelle special despite backlash because of money. With things like this, it almost always comes down to the holy dollar.

I understand why it’s gone, but I’m sad to see it go. I always like having memory sports media out there, despite my reservations about the special.

Imagine that, a business run like a business.

They have to have it in the first place. Netflix Germany never had Memory Games because of some deal with movie theaters there… and that’s not the only country

But to @petitgugus point of…

Take Dix Pour Cent for example. It’s produced for France 2 and is not a Netflix production. Season 1-4 are available on Netflix France with season 4 being the most recent aired on tv. Netflix Germany does not have the show on Netflix because German tv has only just started airing season 3. Currently, you can get season 1 on Amazon Prime, so both of those factors probably play a little into as to why Netflix Germany doesn’t have the show.