- This would be my favourite example of the technique that I call “sarcasm planting”.
https://youtu.be/_Bh69xALpgk
Hank takes Walter’s bag with half a million in cash in it, unaware of its containings, and decides to add it up to the pile of Walt’s other items at the back of Hank’s car. Walter grabs the bag.
Hank: “I got it.”
Walter: “No, that’s okay.”
Hank: “No, I got it. Jesus, what do you have got in there! Cinder blocks?”
Walter: “Half a million in cash.”
Hank thinks for a moments, then starts laughing hysterically. Walt lets go of the bag.
Hank: “That’s the spirit!” and while still laughing he adds the bag to the back of his trunk.
Another hilarious scene:
MULLROY: What’s your business in Port Royal, ‘Mr. Smith’?
MURTOGG: And no lies!
JACK: None? Very well. You rumbled me. I confess: I intend to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage and plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out.
MURTOGG: I said, no lies.
MULLROY: I think he’s telling the truth.
MURTOGG: He’s not telling the truth.
MULLROY: He may be.
MURTOGG: If he were telling truth he wouldn’t have told us.
JACK: Unless, of course, he knew you wouldn’t believe the truth if he told you it.
Murtogg and Mullroy consider that point –
- Here is a funny example of using “cognitive bias”.
…
I don’t want you posting here any of your examples!
(This my friends, would be “reverse psychology”.)