Is it real or fake?

I am impressed, that she read literally 18 pages notebook in just a mere of 30 seconds. I am speed reader myself. but to me , it felt like the arbiters, leaked the data beforehand. and she just flipped the pages, and maybe looked at just the highlights that were there.
If there is something that I am missing here, please let me know. She literally said, she did 94,000 words in just one minute. Is that theoretically possible?

And if it’s real kudos to her… (but still 94,000 damn, I want this ability to read any books :joy:)
It’s like looking my 3 digit system 1000 images in my mind, 94 times completely. in 1 min.

2 Likes

They gave her a summary of “The Wizard of Oz”
And they did some edits to the text (the highlights), and those people made questions about those changes.

1 Like

based on the translated subtitles it sounds like her record is 94,000 words in an hour which feels within documented limits for very fast readers (~1500 words a minute). For the performance they just gave her a version of Wizard of Oz with changes like “the yellow brick road is green” and “the scarecrow wants a battery” and she had to find what the differences were. i don’t think it’s “fake”, but it was a quick scan of the words.

1 Like

She said her record was 94000 words with 90% understanding
—in what time… an hour?
—a minute
—94000 words per minute?!
—yes.

Shoot, I have no idea then. I can’t imagine that’s real in any sense of comprehension I understand. But maybe she’s extremely good at glancing over main points and reconstructing a narrative or series of images or something?

I don’t think that’s possible, no. Many years ago I discovered Ronald P. Carver’s analysis of the different processes involved in reading, and it was clear that even if you could massively speed up (or even skip) some of those processes, there would still be a fundamental bandwidth limitation on the rate that information can be understood and stored in the brain.
Reading requires thinking, and it’s not at all plausible that you can think about 94,000 words worth of ideas in one minute (unless the information content is close to zero).

Every time these charlatans are given airtime, ask yourself what they’ve done with their amazing ability. The answer is nothing, and you usually never hear of them achieving anything else, because they never had that ability in the first place.

4 Likes