Is it possible to use a memory palace as a quick notepad, over and over?

Creating a memory palace takes a bit of time and it’s always good to have one available to store, link things to it very quickly when you see something in subway, book, article, phone number, name etc… What your thoughts about it and do you have one that maybe includes 5 to 10 loci? I know that ghosting may be a challenge when re-using memory palace loci…but possible to erase the infos… how do you do it?

1 Like

It’s not impossible, while I don’t use it you can turn your loci with the object into a generation of the next object. Imagine the previous object morphing into the next object. Then imagine the next object morphing into the object after that.

This tends to somewhat work well.

3 Likes

For on-the-fly MPs I use The Vaughn Cube and any room I happen to be in or can instantly bring to mind. For practicing card memorisation I have a Memory Journey which is, and has always been, ‘designated’ in my mind as for temporary storage only and I only ‘tack’ the images to the loci (think Post-It Note). I find that as long as I don’t review those images then within an hour I can re-use the loci, but with some mild ghosting. After 24 hours the temporary memory journey is virginal and clean.

1 Like

I like the idea, i will test and experiment with it and see how it goes.

Very interesting way to do that with post-it using a very abstract spatial space like The Vaughn Cube- I will test it and see how it works for me. Thank you very much!

The following long thread suggests that you need to wait 2-3 days before trying to re-use a palace:

Thanks

1 Like