Idea-Picture-Concept Technique for Speed Reading 5x faster without practice

In this technique you Imagine the idea of what you are reading and then link it to the concept,

I had tried this technique and it had increased my reading speed by 5x without me having to practice this technique before along and it also increased my comprehension,

of a page the Grade 11 Economics book which I read.

And,

Have a Grand Day.

1 Like

If you do not understand the technique you can post an example text and I will type a post on how to use this technique with that example,

And,

Have a Nice Day.

1 Like

How would you use your technique in this paragraph?

“The evolutionary ancestry of arthropods dates back to the [Cambrian] period. The group is generally regarded as [monophyletic], and many analyses support the placement of arthropods with [cycloneuralians] (or their constituent clades) in a superphylum [Ecdysozoa]. Overall, however, the [basal] relationships of animals are not yet well resolved. Likewise, the relationships between various arthropod groups are still actively debated. Today, Arthropods contribute to the human food supply both directly as food, and more importantly indirectly as [pollinators] of crops. Some species are known to spread severe disease to humans, [livestock], and crops.”

While I do not know what this paragraph is about however after some trail(Because this was a passage about which I knew nothing about) I created these examples-

The idea of monophylitic visualized and lined with the concept of the text,

Skip

Humans being supplied food(Idea Visualzation) linked with the concept in the text

The idea picture of Involunatory polinate crops and spread disease among livestock, crop and humans and linked with its concept.

I did not know anything about a part of the text and thought that I may post wrong information and because of this I skipped that part of the text(Shown by Skip),

If you can post a simpler text (Ex-Of that of a story then I will be able to give a better example as I did not know about the paragraph before and due to the lack of my schema I had a difficult time reading it),

And,

Have a Great Day.

1 Like

@aicreator

If we have to post a story, why would we have to think so much for that, just read or listen the story and visualised whole story in mind.

If we have to memorize some unknown topic,
First point - Read carefully first time whole topic and try to understand the meaning of some difficult words. (You can use google or dictionary for that)

Second point - If it’s a long topic, break them in pieces.

Third point - After doing step 1 and 2 again read the topic , and then write that all topic in your own language in short sentences. You can draw some easy diagrams too for better understanding.

Fourth point : Whenever you have to recall that all topic, just close your eyes, and try to see your notebook where you written your notes (open your notebook in mind and see the page - is it on left side or right side of your notebook)
Just try to zoom it , after some practice you can able to do it. (I did this when I was studying for exams, it exactly works like memory palace)

Fifth point : this is the most important point , If you wanna learn that topic in your lifetime , you have to review that topic always with the same notebook in the same page so your mind will know where is actually that topic.

The method was created based on the Reading of Kim Peek and I learnt what happens when we read in our left and right brain and I created a technique using the things I thought that happened in Kim Peek’s brain when he read and this technique emualtes what I think happened in Kim Peek’s brain when he read since he read about 1 page a second,

And this method does not require writing(This method is made to emulate what I think happened in Kim Peek’s brain when he read and because of this I do not think that it is my method),

I think that one way to read faster is to use all the senses(Seeing the visualization,Hearing the sounds in the story,Smelling the smeels of the story and so on),

That way of reading is faster than reading with my method however I think that way of reading is involuntary and I do not know how to make it voluntary but if I ever experience it again I hope to use the Idea Picture Concept technique to see what happens,

I had create a method for revision in which a page is read and visualized (I think that like me most people have 1 or 2 visualizations per page mostly) and then after n number of pages are read they are read two times more and visualized after that they are read with hand motions and the reader after reading a few words/sentences or even paragraphs will recall the image which he had visualized for that page and will then do that till the number of pages he has read(upto three times),

With the above method a person can revise the visualizations he or she had when reading the page instead of reading the whole page itself and this can save time and it had given me results in my English Exam for all questions and answers,

And I think due to associations that person will be revising more than the pictures he visualized.

Using this method 80 pages can be revised in 8 minutes with extra times and this method does not require memory techniques and it contains every thing in step 3,4 and 5 which you have posted,

I have an idea to improve this method by using the first step of your idea,

Highlighting the paragraphs and the keywords which need to be read again before using the method(Then the person will have to recall the visualized image of each page based on the keywords from which new questions for exams can be made which can be memorized by a names and faces like technique but with keywords and image instead of names and faces.

Also Some words of the questions and answers are same(I call them Paired Q&A keywords and they can be especially highlighted and this was discovered by my friend…))

I also hope to combine active recall to this technique,

And,

Cheers.

2 Likes

I think this excerpt from Plato’s biography will make it easier for you to explain.

“Plato is one of the most brilliant and far-reaching writers to have ever lived. Our very conception of philosophy—of rigorous thinking concerning the true situation of man, the nature of the whole, and the perplexity of being—owes a great debt to his work. No area of inquiry seems foreign to him: his writings investigate ethics, politics, mathematics, metaphysics, logic, aesthetics, and epistemology in tremendous depth and breadth. In the words of Alfred North Whitehead, “The safest general characterization of the European philosophical tradition is that it consists of a series of footnotes to Plato.””

I used this technique with another technique one which I think is based on a technique by Tony Bunzan which is reading the middle line in place of 3 lines aan letting the pheripheral vision catch the words the rest of the times,

Images-

1.A person creating philisophy.
2.A person being predictable with probability
3. No area of enquiry being foreign to him writing subjects.
4. A person who is substitute for Alfred North Whitehead pointing towards Plato and saying "The safest general characterization of the European philosophical tradition is that it consists of a series of footnotes to Plato.”.

That person is a substitute because Idi not know how Alfred North looks like.

1 Like

Thanks, now it’s clear how it works.