Honorary Memory Challenge and Honorary Mental Math Challenge

@Mathmaster,

I know how Google Translate works, but that wasn’t my point. You can find the button I’m talking about under every Facebook post where the language doesn’t match the language you got in your setting…

Oh then I don’t know. Do you know if 13 is in the kids category though?

I have the feature request on the list, but it might take while to get to it. Google charges for their API use now, and to do something more than adding a button that does what a browser extension does might be a little tricky. In the meantime, if you install one of these extensions, you can highlight text and right-click to translate it:

1 Like

Доколкото прочетох няма категории “деца” .Има начинаещи ,средно ниво и напреднали.

Thank you everyone for your interest and comments. There’s a Kid, Junior and Senior section for memory. For mental math so far “Mathmaster” is the only kid who has expressed an interest in participating. We’ll be happy to note your age along with your results. If other kids participate, we’ll highlight who among them managed to get the best results.

1 Like

Hello @FrancisBlondin I am interested in Memory not mental math is there a kids division for that. If so am in that division or junior?

All right! And yes, Junior section is for people 14 to 17 years old. Kid section is for people 13 years old or younger.

I might try mental math, do they have mental multiplication and calander dates?

1 Like

Yes and yes ( :

I’m going to jump in and try Mental Maths, too. Should be fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve just taken part in the Maths Challenge and sent off my results. Great fun, though I now need a cup of tea to recover! :slight_smile:

How anyone gets beyond the first three lines let alone through to page 5 amazes me!

I enjoy maths calculations, though rarely try to get through them so quickly.

I found it more exhausting than the memory work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Вече изпратихме всичко.Казва се Калоян Гешев на 10 год.,от България.Участва в група за напреднали.Постигна отлични,според мен резултати.Очакваме класирането официално .
Благодарим за възможността да участваме,макар и в такъв формат(дистанционно)

2 Likes

Thanks and congratulations to everyone who participated!
Full results of the mental math challenge are now posted here: Honorary Memory and Math Challenges – The Results – Canadian Mind Sports Association

Results of the memory challenge will be posted a few days after the March 31st deadline.

1 Like

The deadline to participate in Round 2 of our Honorary Memory Challenge has been extended by a few more days in order to include the next weekend. We now have until Monday April 5 inclusively to send our results.

Thanks to those who have sent us your results. Friendly reminder to everyone else: It’s great if you want to train everything and do as well as you possibly can. It’s also completely ok if you would rather skip some disciplines, not worry too much about your scores or use a pseudonym.

Good luck!

1 Like

I recently took part in Round 2 of the Honorary Memory Challenge (having also taken part in Round 1 last year). It was hard work - especially for my 66-year-old brain - but great fun!

It was almost as physically demanding as mentally challenging, and took me almost 4 hours - with breaks - to complete. I rarely commit large chunks of time to memory practice (one of the reasons, I’m sure, why my progress is limited), so this was like a massive workout for me. I’m hoping it will have some delayed effect on my current ML times. But even if it doesn’t, it was still a very enjoyable experience.

Thank you, FrancisBlondin, for all your hard work in organising it.

2 Likes

When will the result be out? I really enjoyed the challenge and I will like to do it again next time.

1 Like

In case you don’t already know, the results are now out and can be found here: Honorary Memory and Math Challenges – The Results – Canadian Mind Sports Association

Wow I didn’t expect 3rd overall and first in kids I was lucky that Mandy didn’t compete this time

1 Like

Well done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like