Hacking our dreams to boost learning, memory and emotional well-being

3 Likes

Interesting.

I often dream about my experiences and/or people I knew in primary and secondary school (rarely university), despite having finished secondary school in 2008. I also used to suffer from nightmares and self-treated them via learning lucid dreaming.

This study brings to mind the Tetris effect, where blocks from the video game Tetris will appear in the dreams of people who played the video game for many hours during the past day or week. I don’t have a link to a study on that right now, but other studies have shown that many gamers’ dreams are influenced by the video games they play.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised. When I remember dreams I can sometimes figure out the source of the imagery as something that recently happened in daily life.

1 Like

The following link acts as an “index” into 160 other references relating to dreams.

You can copy-paste a ref into google. Depending on your luck, you will arrive at either a complete article, or simply an Abstract - which might be all that you need.

Thanks.

1 Like

Depending on your luck, you will arrive at either a complete article, or simply an Abstract - which might be all that you need.

For scientific articles behind various registration or pay walls, try searching through Sci Hub. I’ve had enormous success with this.

4 Likes