GMS Phenomenal Memory on programing from the manual

Hy,

I`ve asked a question here about learning GMS and having an excellent memory and programming. But I forgot about these parts from the GMS manual what do you guys think of it?

First Part
With Phenomenal Memory you can become anything you want! You can learn
anything! If you have a memorization skill there are no limits for you. Once these skills
are acquired you will not need to study at a university for 5 years to become, let’s say, a
programmer. You will be able to memorize entire manuals on programming!

Second Part
If you decide to study programming then you can do it in several ways. You can learn
programming using a reference book. You can study the discipline for 5 years and the
basic commands will be memorized spontaneously. You can also spend a couple of
weeks to memorize a programming language and write a program without a cheat
sheet, like a professional programmer.

So what do you guys think If you read and memorize a 1000-page book on JAVA programing language do you think you can do it and actually write a program almost as easy as writing a composition in English or write as almost as easy as I`m writing down this post?

2 Likes

I don’t think so. It would be like reading a manual describing how to swim, then jumping in a pool. You would still sink.

6 Likes

No, memorizing a programming book will not make you a fluent programmer on its own. Using and working with the material is necessary, and you need practice and experience over time.

Knowing something by heart is an aid, for sure. But being good at a skill takes practice and experience. There is no way around that. “You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?” as the expression goes.

I think you may have a false image of what it’s like being a dev writing code. Try looking for coders on Twitch or YouTube and see how they work. Look at 3 devs struggle with CSS here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-HttOH1y6w

If you’re interested in getting better at programming and are willing to put in the effort, say so. I’ll point you in the right direction as best as I can.

6 Likes

Programming is not learned in this way. To begin with, you need to know the basics of computer science, basic programming using C as an example, later you can go into ‘childish’ C++, then wherever you want.
After reading good and extensive books and working on practice, I think there will be some results. A knowledge system is important here, which will soon give a bonus = I understand the structure of technology, electricity work, know basic languages and can confidently write programs, I’ll go to get a job as a beginner programmer. (Yes, that’s the beginner’s way, the foundation.)
Time without mnemonics (approximate) = six months to a year or more.
In Russia you can get a job as a programmer even if you are self-taught, I don’t know about other countries.

1 Like

Memorizing can help speed up the process. But without practice you would have to recall everything manually every time which would be very slow.
It’s not like pure data like numbers, that you can memorize without any drawbacks. You won’t understand programming by simply memorizing an explanation of it.

2 Likes

Do you guys think that memoriZing can get you to become top of your class and graduate suma cum laude from programing School or college ?

Bogdanm, you seem very set on the idea of memorization potentially automatically making you a good programmer. Sorry, but no, I don’t believe that’s possible. No matter how you change the scenario. The only way to become a good programmer is to program and build things.

Memorization is good for memorization. Programming is not the act of writing out things you’ve memorized. The same is true for someone speaking a foreign language or someone who cooks. Memorization can help, sure, but it’s definitely not doing the heavy lifting.

You said before that you loved programming. I think that’s really good. If you want the fastest way forward, find people to help you when you get stuck on something for more than 20 minutes and a community to support you. And it can also help to start building things you personally care about, even if it’s just a little thing with a favorite character from a book or movie.

If you are interested in getting better at programming but need help, ask for what help you need. A number of us can try to help point you in the right direction, depending on your personal goals. :slight_smile: I know I will if I can.

2 Likes

Hi,

Actually, no, this time all i wanted to know is if can I finish top of my class in an engineering college, with memorization. It can be any other kind of college, but IT would have been preferred as it was my major in high school. And I didnt like at all leaving it. But I do know my limitation with out an edge, I cant do it

Changing your environment and lifestyle to best suit your studies is probably the most major thing anyone can do to perform at their best.

And also, to be consistent. An hour a day for 5 days a week working on something beats 5 hours in one day, for instance.

Marginal gains is another topic worth looking into. Small tweaks that add up over time.

1 Like

Let’s put it this way… the worse your college, the easier to ace it by just memorizing. So pick your poison, top of your class in a second class college… which won’t get you a job… or getting a degree from a good school. Put yourself in the hiring persons shoes… I’ve never hired by GPA by the way. Your focusing on the wrong thing here…

1 Like