First Remote Memory League Championship

First Remote Memory League Championship

Hi everyone, we are excited to bring to you the first instance of a fully-digital remote Memory League tournament, following the format of previous ML live competitions. This means that the competitors would first be divided into groups (day 1) and fight for the top places in order to qualify for the knockout stage (day 2).

Unlike the seasons of the League, the competition will take place over the course of a weekend. The idea is for the competitors’ faces to be broadcast live along with their memo- and recall screens and a team of commentators would help the audience understand the subtleties and wonders of memory sports! The competitors will also be expected to provide a behind-the-shoulder feed (only visible to the organizers) to help prevent cheating attempts.

We would like this event to be a first milestone in terms of digital and remote competitions, possibly leading to ranked versions with prizes in the future. We are looking at a minimum of 16 committed competitors, with the possibility of having a much higher number if the interest is sufficient.

The tournament will be organised by IAM in association with Memory League and will appear on the Championships page on the Memory League site. It will be open to everyone and the seeding procedure will be communicated at a later stage.

Please do express your interest here (comment on this post, this will not count as official registration, the registration form will come later) if you have the possibility to set aside a few hours to play a number of matches over one or two days, during the weekend of May 23rd/24th. There will be a small fee to secure everyone’s commitment. The matches will be largely expected to be played during the European/African daytime this time around, but there will be some flexibility allowing athletes from other continents to take part too.

26 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: Sounds good

3 Likes

sounds interesting :thinking:

3 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

I am in.

3 Likes

interested

2 Likes

sounds awesome

2 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Sounds great!

3 Likes

Pretty good! I’m interested :smile:

3 Likes

interested

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m in.

2 Likes

Great project ! I am in !

Thank you Sylvain !

2 Likes

Interested…

2 Likes

i am in

3 Likes

I’m very interested! I’d have to figure out the extra camera feed bit though…

4 Likes

I also want to take part in it.

2 Likes

yeahhh!!!

2 Likes

Sounds good!
I’m in

3 Likes

I’m interested.
When and where to register?

3 Likes