Esperanto audio to Anki cards

Hello! I’ve recently started to use Anki to learn languages and noticed a good many features from add-ons which enables us to add audios to our cards, but I’m struggling to add audio to my Esperanto deck, because everywhere I look I’m not being able to find an add-on which offers that option or that works, at least…

I’ve just tried HypperTTS, and it’s “older version” AwesomeTTS, but no success… I can find Esperanto when using AwesomeTTS, setting Google Translator in the options, but when I do try to actually make the audios, it doesn’t work, sadly.

Does anyone know any add-on which works, or even where can I find the audios to add? By this point, even if I do it manually it’s ok hahaha.

I found some public decks with audios, but all that I’ve looked has some kind of error… like, only ~50% of the cards has audio, and some of them don’t even work… besides, I’m not a native English speaker, so translating all those cards are probably more of a hassle than making an entirely new deck by myself.

Thanks!

1 Like

As far as I know there is not currently a way to do Esperanto TTS in existence anywhere. When I was toying with learning Esperanto I looked around a lot and came to the conclusion that it just doesn’t exist yet.

The best that can be done is honestly just to record your own pronunciation after memorizing the alphabet’s pronuncation, e.g. Appendix:Esperanto pronunciation - Wiktionary, the free dictionary

2 Likes

Sadly :confused:

But I do have another option too: taking the audios I did find and implement them in my own deck haha
Here’s the one I talked about, it may be useful to some :slight_smile:
Esperanto cards (for English speakers) - AnkiWeb