Does anyone use a sauna?

I saw this article and thought it might interest people who are into personal experimentation.

See also: Cold Showers, Ice Baths, Wim Hof Method, etc

4 Likes

I think hot/cold can be therapeutic. Drinking ice cold water definitely wakes me up and feel energized, or splash the face with cold water. Hot showers really help me but yeah a sauna seems more efficient because I feel like I waste hot water in a hot shower – it just goes down the drain. I’m thinking maybe I can make some kind of small cheap safe private sauna tent somehow. Who knows.

1 Like

Saunas, no, but I’m a great believer in the Wim Hof method of breathing exercises and cold showers. I’ve had a cold shower every morning for the last 5 months and it has done wonders for my early stage Parkinson’s disease.

3 Likes

Same here. I think cold exposure is very invigorating and therapeutic. My 79-year-old mother takes cold showers every morning and swears by it as a health practice.

2 Likes

Thermal expanding epidermis is my way to detox. Need more of it. Maybe I will vapor seal my room and try?

Dr. Rhonda Patrick has put out a lot of info and content on the benefits of regular sauna use. Seems like a no-brainer to use one every day if you have easy access to one.

Edit: Just noticed Rhonda Patrick’s name in the study! haha

1 Like