Cramming/Studying loads of content in 3 months

I’m a fifth year medical student and I sort of effed myself up by procrastinating TOO much(our year is composed of 10 months out of which I wasted 7 lol)
I’ve always been at the top of my class even if I procrastinated a bit but I don’t think I’ve ever been this far, so I’ve got like one 1000 page textbook of internal medicine, and another 500 page one for pediatrics, and lastly one 100 p book clinical examination methods,
my exams start at the beginning of October(unless they delay it bc of covid19)
I listened to lectures for all of the material for internal medicine and 1/2 the pediatrics, so I understand it but have never tried memorizing or reading anything,

We got one month at home and we are supposed to go back to uni by august for one month to finish the clinical rotatins, then we will have a 1 month period to review our material at home

Can I seriously finish and review the material by the time of the exam?
And what are the most effective methods for it?

Can I seriously finish and review the material by the time of the exam?
And what are the most effective methods for it?

You can. Will you? Do you even have the discipline to do it? That’s a better question. Arise the determination to do it. Do it smart. I don’t know how much you know about organized memorization. What I’d recommend is don’t aim to memorize every single thing.

Many things just read them and visualize them. Some place them in a memory palace. Can you guess what kind of information you tend to forget?

1 Like

I do have the motivation as it’s literally going to decide my future in med school(we get appointed to specialties depending on our score and fifth year is the most important one)
And the memorization method I use is usually photo memory by reading each line and repeating it with the second line etc, then I close my eyes and say everything I memorized, once I finished like 4 pages, I write them on a white board, that’s pretty much it, this method makes me more dependant on multiple reviews, so I need to review the material twice or 3 times before exam, and as it’s alot of information I may even need 4 or 5, so I hope I have enough time to do it…