Concentration and bad days

This is my first post, I’ve been active here for about 30 minutes so I hope this is the right place to ask my question ( I didn’t find it with the search tool). My question is how do you tackle attention problems and bad days? I’m wondering because I sometimes have a really hard time to get started with my practice even though I really want it. But I feel sluggish and unfocused most of the time. I do excersice 3-4times a week and I eat lots of greens and fruits. My only sin is caffeine. Do you have any tips for increasing the attention stability?

Personally what I do is I go outside to take a 10-15 minutes break.
I need to change space and be away from everything for a while.

While I’m outside, I would either talk to a friend about anything, could be your problems,
or I’d sit on a bench, close my eyes and clear my mind.
I also like looking at https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/
it’s full of short stories which takes 2-5 minutes to read.

Since you’re on this forum,
you could also look at Memory palaces built to change your mood :

Other then that, I don’t know, meditate?

If I didn’t meditate and work on having a positive attitude, EVERY day would be a bad day for me. Meditation, exercise, gratitude journaling, paying attention to sleep - and constantly using memory techniques have been hugely helpful.

I talk a lot about depression and memory on my memory podcast. Feel free to look it up and check it out. You will find a way to deal with these issues and I’m confident simply devoting yourself to the art of memory will be a huge part of it. :slight_smile:

Try and connect with nature regularly. Try Dueling"n"back daily. Get extra sleep sometimes. That may help.

Would be really interesting to hear. Do what do I google?