Charlotte Journal Week 0 (12/10/26 - 18/10/26)

Hey there. I wanted to learn about memorization and have a good fundation of it. I will start with the guides of this page this week (starting from now a little and seriously from 12 to october 18).

My objetives are learning as much as possible of memorization and being able to apply it in other areas (like learning diccionary words and definitions, memorizing texts for touch typing in seconds, studying, maybe language, etc.). I know it is too much and will take time so I will start slow. If you have any recommnedations for a routine or cool skill that I should learn let me know. Hope it will be fun, wish me luck guys.

The good news is that you don’t really need luck, just a willingness to learn :wink:

My advice would be to start by choosing one thing you want to learn or do and start from there. You’ll have much more motivation that way.

My first memory palace was an alphabetical one, to cheat at “le petit bac” game (in my defense I had to play in German which is not my mother tongue, and people kept asking for sports categories which I don’t know anything about, so I figure I had to compensate for others’ unfair advantage :grimacing:).

Then I began with PAO because I like history and wanted to be able to remember dates, etc.

If you like competition and memory league is your thing, it’s easier, you can do that…

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you’re getting deeper into memory.

I think it would be interesting to memorize datasets/information that are both party tricks and practicaly useful in some way. Two ideas come to mind:

  1. Memorize the keyboard. Once you memorize it, typing becomes much faster because you can pinpoint (feel/touch) where the right key is without having to look down. You can practice drawing the keyboard with letters on a blank piece of paper, typing with your eyes closed, etc. Being a fast typer is both a nice party trick and a useful skill, as it will help you complete assignments/tasks faster.

  2. Memorize country information: flag, capital, location, culture, shape, geographical features, etc. When you encounter stories or people from foreign lands, knowing something about that country will be a welcome surprise, as well as make you feel more familiar with the world.