Canadian Mind Sports Honorary Challenge 2020

I recently took part in the Canadian Mind Sports Honorary Challenge 2020, organised by Francis Blondin. Six disciplines; cards, numbers, words, names and faces, images – and a 15-minute ‘exam’ segment where you have to memorise several different pieces of info (historical dates/astronomy and biological info, language translation etc).

It was great fun, but I was surprised to discover that I was the only non-Canadian/Chinese entrant. Being of a ‘certain age’ (60+), I was one of only two Seniors, which – even though my Canadian counterpart was heaps better than me – still allows me to boast that I was ‘runner-up’ in the Senior section. :slight_smile: (Thank goodness there were only two of us. One of the benefits of ‘getting on in years’!)

There’s a second event in early January and I plan to have another go. I thought I’d mention it here in case people aren’t aware of it, and want to take part. It’s free to enter, and all done offline, which reduces the pressure. You send in your own scores, so it’s down to personal honesty as to what mark you achieve.

Here’s the link if anyone is interested: http://canadianmindsports.com/how-anyone-anywhere-can-take-part-in-a-cmsa-honorary-memory-challenge/

4 Likes

As a completely unbiased and objective observer, I approve this message ( :

1 Like