Calendar of Famous Births/Deaths

So here is the challenge:

I’ll add a famous person’s birthday or date of their passing into the list of dates below.
Feel free to edit this with additional people. Also please leave in the comments what method you are using to memorise them. I haven’t figured out yet which method to use!!

We’ll start with october as this is the month that this list is starting!

Famous birthdays can be found by looking up the wikipedia entry for the given day (thanks for that Josh)

regards,

Sea

October:
10 - WInston Churchill b.1940 - British politician
11 - Luke Perry b.1965 - American actor
12 - Christy Ring b.1920- Irish Hurler
13 - Sacha Baron Cohen b. 1971- British comedien/Actor/Ali G & Borat
14 - Ralph Lauren b. 1939 - American Fashion designer
15 - Keyshia Cole b. 1981 American singer-songwriter. - Andy Cole b 1971, English Football player
16 - Oscar Wilde b. 1854, Irish author, poet, and playwright
17 - Eminem b.1972, American Rapper

(Fuchsia Pseudonym) #2

Winston Churchill was elected British Prime Minister in 1940 I believe. Pretty sure he was born in the 1880s.

If I recall my childhood Girl Scout lessons on the founder of the Girl Scouts correctly, her name was Juliette Gordon Low and she was born on October 31 in some late 19th Century year.

(Josh Cohen) #3

I’ve just made the top post a “wiki” post, so anyone can click the edit button and help complete the list. :slight_smile:

I wonder if each month could be given an image, and then the dates could be memorized with a peg list – possibly a different set of images than the ones for the years so that they don’t get confused.

Month Month Image
October ghost (Halloween)
November cranberries (Thanksgiving)
etc.

Something like this:

Date Compound Date Image
October 1 ghost + peg image
October 2 ghost + peg image
November 1 cranberries + peg image
November 2 cranberries + peg image
etc.

There might be a lot of repeated images, but if 12 items were reviewed each day (all the months for the current day’s peg), it might stick. Just brainstorming…