Hi!
I’m pretty new to the forum and to memory techniques. I was trying to use the SEM cubed technique mentioned by Tony Buzan, but I couldn’t find it very helpful. I came across some discussions here in the forum. I found a book by Bruno Giordano. It’s called: On the composition of images, signs and ideas.
This book is so difficult for me to understand. I just came out of it with a few points, here is what I have.
- I can make a room that contains 30 objects that I can use as a peg system. I can relate them to the directions (North, South, East, West) and I can relate every three adjacent objects to each other, like linking a horse, a chariot, and an anchor.
- So, now I can create 30 rooms with different thirty objects, and that will give me 900 pegs. Objects can be repeated, but they are related to the other two adjacent objects, so, the action is different, that makes the link unique.
- For each room I can attach a category. For each object I can attach a sub-category.
- I can then link what I’m attaching to what is being attached to with imaginary story.
- Other than this, I don’t understand a thing.
So, please help me understand what’s going on in this book. If you can explain any further. I find it so difficult to interpret the information in the book.
And, the most important thing I want to know is:
- Did I get it right?
- Is it sufficient to use what I know now to start building my palace?
Here is the image of the 30 objects room.
