Ben System Images for cards

So I decided to start using the Ben System. I started making my own images, sometimes using some different sources to help out when I’m stuck, but I have a problem.

For every 10 decimal images you create images for, you need to create an additional 3 images for (picture) playing cards because they do not correspond to any decimal number in the system, shown here:
https://artofmemory.com/3.1415926/memory_system.php

So I found this big Ben System list on the forum here:
https://artofmemory.com/blogs/octaveslur/ben-system-images-for-digits-5059.html#comment-929
The problem here is that the guy sometimes uses words ending in “p” for 9s when these are meant to be reserved for queens in playing cards. Same goes for “j/sh/ch/” and “d” sounds which are meant to be reserved for jacks and kings. I’m not allowed to use something like “zip” for spade 3 + spade 9. Also sometimes the vowel rules are broken, for example “Circus” for 034 when the vowel sound is actually an “uh” and doesn’t seem to belong anywhere in the system(?)

How do I make it easier to find an additional 3 images for every 10? And if I use an image for a queen combination in cards, is it possible to also use this same image for a decimal number ending in 9 when memorizing numbers?

I also checked out the shadow system here for memorizing cards

But it’s even more confusing with the rules for how face cards take priority over the suit combinations. I don’t get where the suit combination goes in the word when you get rid of it. I was thinking it goes to the end of the word, but then how is “J​:spades:Q​:spades:” translated to “forest” when “st” means it should correspond to “:spades:J/Q​:heart:”?
How do people use these systems?

I saw this thread linked to something I posted myself, and while it’s really old I think this could potentially help others with the same questions.

The short answer is that creating images for the ben system that align perfectly (phonetically) for all images is impossible. There are certainly times where things work out, but other times the phonemes don’t even exist in English. Often times you have to treat the phonemes as prompts for association. Take the phoneme hEk, for instance. The sharp-sounding consonant at the end makes me think of something pointy–an enemy from a video game I used to play. And that’s it. As long as the images are produced in a way where you can associate them with the phonetic cues and they’re visually unique, you’re good.

edit I should have added that the correct way to fill out the Ben system is to use an Excel spreadsheet, starting from the beginning, filling out only the images that have a very clear correspondence (lad = ladder, etc.). This is usually just the first syllable of the word. After this, go over the list again, but use less rigid criteria, perhaps including second syllables and omitting letters (rog = frog, poon = harpoon, etc.). You keep going back over the list, each time using less and less rigid guidelines, until it’s completely filled out. Make no mistake, this will take a very (very) long time, but it’s the best way in my opinion.

The OP assumes that for every 10 images an additional 3 are needed to get to a cards system. However ben system has 2700 images for cards and a 1000 for numbers. I tried it for a few months and ended up with about 1300 images. However the remaining sounds became increasingly difficult. I switched to a simpe pa system.

That’s certainly an option. I think that PA/PAO systems are definitely the most efficient as far as output for input (productivity per unit time invested). The Ben system is known for being difficult to fill out (and if you do fill it out, it still takes years to master). You have to find a system that works for you. Personally, I find that the Ben system resonates well with me. It feels the most natural.

I learned a lot searching for images for the Ben system. The switch to PA was relatively easy and I could choose from lots of images. It was not a waste of time.