How many people here have studied music? Did you study music while younger? Do you still play today? What instrument do you play? Do you think that musical training has been helpful to you outside of the music itself?
Check out some of these studies:
- Musical training can increase blood flow in the brain
- Musical training shapes brain anatomy, affects function
- Just a few years of early musical training benefits the brain later in life
- Early music lessons boost brain development
- Music training has biological impact on aging process
- More evidence that musical training protects the brain