There are several sources that I’d recommend.
One is the site where the video came from, with plenty of articles about the subject http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/
There’s also some really nice videos on youtube if you’d like that.
This guy is filled with good information and entertainment and I’m myself enjoy his videos very much
Amodia - I am definitely interested in the topic. It is very fascinating. I have a few Lucid Dreams in my time, however, I wouldn’t say they’ve been “directly induced” by me, rather, as a byproduct of my interest and willingness to pay attention to the fact that I dream. What does your experience with it include?
Well, since i start with using mnemonics on daily basis. My dreams are more vivid, and sometimes i think it is a lucid dream. Because at the time i knowing that i’m dreaming, and that i can control the dream. This kind of things, is what i like. Things like a out-of-body experince, is what i wanna experince to one time. Some people say that i can experince a out-of-body-experince, if meditate deeply every day.
I must say i am one of the lucky ones, i have incredibly vivid dreams and almost all of them are lucid, it is something that is really awesome, however i must say that i am quite tired most mornings as it feels that i have not slept much, now im not saying that it is necessarily the dreams that are causing it, however im not ruling it out, certain foods, supplements and medications seem to have a compounding effect on my lucidity. however it most cases it causes them to be even more vivid(if you could call it that).
Suncover. I’ve had countless of lucid dreams and I’ve had all kind of lucidity ranging from barely lucid to full blown “God-Mode”. I don’t really know what to say that I’ve done…most of the things that I’ve thought of. Such as changing my form into animals like a wolf and horse and it felt totally real and natural.
After making the “hulk-jump” types of flying, I eventually “mastered” it flying like Neo/superman without flapping my arms(I still to that at time :P)
Teleporting, creating thing and controlling the environment are things I’ve done as well. Sex and related things
If you’re wondering about something specific, ask and I’ll answer when I can.
JeffreyLucas. Yes, OBEs are amazing. I’ve had 3 but I’ve never meditated, but I’m convinced that it helps a lot because it let you practice being in an state of mind different from being totally awake, but not sleeping.
‘Mind awake/body asleep’
If you’d like to I’ve written an report of my third one that I can post?
In what way do you use mnemonics every day, by the way?
that is really interesting, it has been the exactly the same for me, done all of the above as well, hulk jumps, flying, teleporting, it really is something to experience, very free, although one thing that i would definitely like to try and that is to have an OBE via meditation.
Armodia - out of curiosity, how would you classify the difference (from your experience) between an OBE and a Lucid Dream, in the way that you achieve them (technique and such), the experience within them, and how you would be able to differentiate between the two? I’m curious, as Lucid Dreams would often be more considered to be “Scientifically Based”, whilst OBE’s are often considered more “Spiritually Based”, and in my experience, most people tend to call the same thing a Lucid Dream or an OBE dependant on their belief. Could you elaborate for me? Thanks
I love lucid dreaming and any other games with my brain. I tried a lot of ‘fun hypnosis’ and lucid dreaming. It is the most fascinated part of human brain.
suncover.
From the ones I’ve had there’s a very noticeable difference in how you feel. When I’ve had an OBE it’s felt like when your arm is asleep and you’re trying to reach for the alarm clock, like very heavy and very hard to move. Almost everything is slower, It’s also been quite dark and a bit hard to see. This I’m sure will go away with practice.
This is a clear difference compared to a lucid dream because, for me, at the moment when I realize that I’m dreaming
Everything becomes Super real, and when I say super I mean like even more real then when you’re actually awake. All the colors are much clearer, bright and almost has a kind of glow to them. I’m in full control over my body, as much as when awake.
The mind(if you have a higher level lucid dream) is very very clear, you’re mentally quick and comparing this to being awake it like there is syrup in my head when I’m awake. There’s also a sense of control over… or more like being connected with environment which hasn’t been there at the OBEs.
All the OBEs has been to the room, so I make a distinction between Astral projection and OBEs. As far as I’m aware of I haven’t had any APs but from the discription they sound much like Lucid dreams. The thing is that I’ve also had Lucid dreams to my room, both in form of False awakenings(Hate :P) and when I’ve actually used WILD(Wake-induced-lucid-dream) and ended up in the room next to my bedroom.
An WILD is very similar in the way to have an OBE when it comes to the technique, but I’ve done about 5 WILD and I’ve had 3(½) OBEs and the end result has been very different as in what I’ve described above.
So, if I wouldn’t have had my lucid dreams to base my other experiences on. I would probably have called many of my lucid dream for OBEs, and I strongly believe that is that case for some people.
If there’s anything you or anyone else wonder about or wish me to be more specific on, ask away.
I also attached a report written after my last OBE.
I like OBE, lucid dreams, deep concentration and story telling relaxation. I use a lot hypnosis and let the hypnosis story take me to parts of my memory (brain) that are normally hidden. I like it as I experience states which are very ‘interesting’ and at the same time I learn something about myself or modify my behaviour or emotions
I stay away from drugs as they only damage brain cells.
I use it in many ways. One is just a relaxation trance. Once you are in you can start travelling in your memories as you like and start searching for memories you like. I use also some directed hypnosis in which you specifically work on certain memories and emotions. Emotions are actually the best part of it.
It takes a few good weeks of everyday hypnosis to actually be able to get into the deep trance.
Have you ever tried one?
Certainly sounds interesting - is this something you learnt on your own, or did you go through a course to teach you? I have never done any hypnosis of any sort, but I am interested in it, yes.
I tried self hypnosis a lot in the past but what was the breakthrough was the recorded hypnosis. They are great and I go in trance after 5 minutes so if I want to follow the recording I do but often I take my own way and I start brain exploration.
I would recommend with daily emotions to look at them once you are in trance and you can take it from there.
Here are some focus and concentration related recordings and if you have not done it before it is worth start there as you need a good focus to stay in trance: http://www.brainunlimitedpower.com/index.php/hypnosis-store-for-learning