AI websites that generate realistic sounding nonsense words, inspirational sayings and fake faces

Does anybody find these things as fascinating as I do?

https://thispersondoesnotexist.com

2 Likes

Something appears to be missing from them, not entirely sure what, but I can tell they aren’t real words or the quotes feel lack luster.

Definitely a step forwards, if I try to randomly generate words and quotes off the top of my head :

Invilate - the implication of setting something to not conform to civilizational standards.

Quote: “if nothing is there to begin with, then nothing will be there at the end, if you believe that at any point there is such nothingness, you best reinspect yourself, for humans best see errors of meaning”.

Definitely fascinating.

The “inspiring quotes” are nonsense, of course. One thing I find funny about them is that I know people who produce equally nonsensical statements when trying to be inspiring.

Etymology is the key word here.

That said, the above retrovalence could be a word. It’s actually one of the better made-up words that website generated, because both parts can be traced back to Latin. Originally, valence meant something related to strength and the prefix retro- simply means backwards. We already have muscle atrophy as a concept, so why not introduce retrovalence in this context.

Half the words generated miss this kind of structure though. Plus, there were some starting with “k” and “w” in a way that just structurally didn’t look like real words… the same with strange consonant clusters. Lastly, it decided that quanto wasn’t a word… well…

Anyways… needs work. I’d suggest a better understand of PIE and consonant shifts for starters.

1 Like

Hmmm. I have some questions for anybody who cares to answer:

What do you think the effect might be on memory training—or memory competitions—if the goal was to memorize a list of such artificially generated words?

With or without the definitions?
What about the so-called inspiring sayings?
Or the faces?

Systems for such words will be made, is about the only effect on memory competitions and memory training I would assume.

Both.

I’m pretty sure disciplines similar to these already exist.
(words,names&faces).

More standard converting language to images kind of like how people do it with academic subjects. Perhaps someone will make a long overdue fully fledged visual language system.

Nothing new.

case in point…

1 Like